pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in



Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Rodeo, Pinole, Hercules stripers??? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:18 pm
phishinpat


Posts: 293

any one been out in that area as of late? Any sturgeon?

Might do some fishing in that area this weekend, if the tides are right.

Any info much appreciated.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:09 am
bcooney


Posts: 122

Hey Pat- give me a call if you are heading out my way. I am also down for a rockfish trip from shore on Friday (tomorrow) in Marin.

I was out at hot water last week- down the RR tracks from the spot I have fished with you before- throwing lures at beginning of incoming for a few hours with no luck- I also checked out the new baitshop over there in Rodeo- it is pretty cool- they have some nice custom rods and good bait and lure selection (they make some of their own lures).

I was also at Pinole shores spot (pt wilson) a few times 2-3-4 weeks ago- I caught a few dink stripers then- maybe some bigger fish have moved in now- I would be willing to give it a shot.

My neighbor fished eckley 2 weeks ago for one 40" sturg- have not heard of other sturgeon action from shore.

looks liek a good time to go would be early evening to catch the incoming- around 6pm tomorrow at Pinole 6:45pm on Saturday -
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:46 am
red fish


Posts: 2549
Location: Berkeley Pier

bcooney wrote:
Hey Pat- give me a call if you are heading out my way. I am also down for a rockfish trip from shore on Friday (tomorrow) in Marin.

I was out at hot water last week- down the RR tracks from the spot I have fished with you before- throwing lures at beginning of incoming for a few hours with no luck- I also checked out the new baitshop over there in Rodeo- it is pretty cool- they have some nice custom rods and good bait and lure selection (they make some of their own lures).

I was also at Pinole shores spot (pt wilson) a few times 2-3-4 weeks ago- I caught a few dink stripers then- maybe some bigger fish have moved in now- I would be willing to give it a shot.

My neighbor fished eckley 2 weeks ago for one 40" sturg- have not heard of other sturgeon action from shore.

looks liek a good time to go would be early evening to catch the incoming- around 6pm tomorrow at Pinole 6:45pm on Saturday -
Brian thanks for the info as I have not fished that area lately nor can I get a decent (coherent) report from the owners of Rodeo Sport Liquor over the phone. I figure there should be stripers and salmon at the tank by now. Anyway, if you are interested, there are 7-gill around for at least another month near the Richmond Inner Channel, Brooks Island and perhaps Fleming Point as well. Use a big bait (and it's not squid). Brian, I may still want to rent a Harley Sportster on my birthday which is Monday. So, maybe this weekend or next weekend if you could assist me. I haven't ridden since I road your dirtbike last year although I think I still have it, LOL. Email me or I will you.

Last edited by red fish on Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:55 am
bcooney


Posts: 122

Hey Red- the comapany i was working for in Sausalito shut down so my contact info is all new-

e-mail - brian_m_cooney@yahoo.com

cell- 415-272-4643

I am consulting over in Pt. Richmond right now- right off of Miller/Knox back by brickyard cove. I am up for an afternoon outing just about any time.

This weekend I am around if you need help with the Harley rental- next weekend I will be camping up near Lake Pillsbury.

I was on a boat this past weekend in the bay near paradise Pier and hooked a niiiice salmon- around 20lbs or so- let it go because of gear it was caught on, but they are coming through now.

I may go by ranch99 and pick up some frozen macks for the 7gill hunt.

BC
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:59 am
red fish


Posts: 2549
Location: Berkeley Pier

bcooney wrote:
Hey Red- the comapany i was working for in Sausalito shut down so my contact info is all new-

e-mail - brian_m_cooney@yahoo.com

cell- 415-272-4643

I am consulting over in Pt. Richmond right now- right off of Miller/Knox back by brickyard cove. I am up for an afternoon outing just about any time.

This weekend I am around if you need help with the Harley rental- next weekend I will be camping up near Lake Pillsbury.

I was on a boat this past weekend in the bay near paradise Pier and hooked a niiiice salmon- around 20lbs or so- let it go because of gear it was caught on, but they are coming through now.

I may go by ranch99 and pick up some frozen macks for the 7gill hunt.

BC
Thanks Smile
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:18 am
songslinger


Posts: 820
Location: Where Common Sense Presides

Quote:
"I figure there should be stripers and salmon at the tank by now."


Uh uh. Threw for 45 minutes in likely spots there on Tuesday and had no bumps. Water is turbid and lots of algae and eel grass growthj. Looks weeks away yet to me. No sea lions or birds in sight. BUT, I did see people throwing from the outermost reef at Cavallo (by the GG) yesterday so perhaps they are targeting salmon now.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:44 pm
phishinpat


Posts: 293

songslinger wrote:
Quote:
"I figure there should be stripers and salmon at the tank by now."


Uh uh. Threw for 45 minutes in likely spots there on Tuesday and had no bumps. Water is turbid and lots of algae and eel grass growthj. Looks weeks away yet to me. No sea lions or birds in sight. BUT, I did see people throwing from the outermost reef at Cavallo (by the GG) yesterday so perhaps they are targeting salmon now.


I think I'll wait for a while before hitting the tank, at least till these minus tides are gone.

In the mean time, I'll be using these minus tides for some sturgeon hunting. I'll be heading out early saturday morning and hitting up my favorite pinole spot. I believe the low tide is around 7am saturday morning and I'll be there before it bottoms out and fish till about 10-11am.

Hit me up if anyone is interested.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:20 pm
phishinpat


Posts: 293

Change of plans, my ride just cancelled on me. And I got an offer to ride out for tuna out of Bodega early saturday morning. The sturg will have to wait, like I catch em all the time....hehe.

There might be room for one more, Brian if you are interested, I'll call you tomorrow.

Good luck everyone..!
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Display posts from previous:   
Jump to: