pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Rockfish trip [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:57 am
east bay fisher

Ethans [Sharksnagger] Dad is a member of the dolphin rowing club in San Francisco, and we fished off his rowboat about two weeks ago at a rock we dicovered off of Crissy Field thats loaded with rockfish. We caught some smelt off the dock in our nets but we also used frozen anchovies. We fished in the afternoon for only about 45 minutes at the rock because his dad was getting tired and the swells were getting fairly large , especially when your'e fishing on a boat thats about level with the water. We didn't get any lings but 8 rockfish each. Mine were bigger than his so I kept 6 and he kept 4. Next time instead of using a dropper loop rig with a torpedo sinker, I am gonna put a 4 ounce hex bar for lings and a dropper loop a foot and a half above baited with squid for the rockfish. We also drifted for halibut with the smelt on the way back and I had a short pull that resulted in a raked smelt. We caught black and brown rockfish, but before we have caught greenling and lingcod at this rock.

rockfish 2 crissy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.66 KB
 Viewed:  3367 Time(s)

rockfish 2 crissy.jpg

Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:40 am
salty nick

Nice rockfish!

Salty.
Top of page