pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
>> Ocean Beach (SF) erosion control meeting Jan. 25 [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:09 pm
blahblahblah

San Francisco's Ocean Beach has experienced significant erosion this winter. The parking areas at Sloat Boulevard and south past Fleishacker's toward "Filipino Hole" have been closed, and it remains to be seen if they will reopen. Word is that the City of San Francisco plans to install some kind of hard-structure armoring to protect the nearby Great Highway, a water treatment plant and the pipe that carries wastewater out to sea.

The owner of the Beach Chalet brewpub and restaurant has called a community meeting to discuss the plans, and city representatives are scheduled to appear. Representation there will consist primarily of surfers and some neighborhood residents as well as some other beach users. I have not heard of anyone planning to speak from a fisherman's perspective (I am unable to do so, though I will be at the meeting), so I thought you all might like to know about it.

A newish blog from the local chapter of the Surfrider Foundation has details about the situation and the meeting:

http://sloaterosionob.blogspot.com/2010/01/sf-surfrider-press-release.html

I haven't been on the board in a long time, so apologies if I've posted in the wrong place or erred in some other way.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: