|When you fry them, put a large chunk of smashed ginger in the hot oil, kills the fishy smell and taste.
Also if you like your fish crispy and light without a heavy batter do the following:
1) season freshly dressed fish with salt and pepper
2) coat in a little bit of olive oil
3) put in a large ziplock freezer bag
4) Add powered garlic, paprika
6) Add a couple teaspoons of cornstarch
remove from bag and place on plate
9) let sit in fridge for 10mins
You end up with a light crust. When you fry it up it is flakey and browns nice.
Works for whole fish or fish pieces.
Fishing, wingchun, pho, and motorcycles...love it.