pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> alan's "rebuild" threads [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:18 am
2d

with alan's permission and technology's abilities, can we put all of the rebuild threads into a separate section of the website for future reference? they're gold and, while I may not currently own all of these reels, I may, someday, and having this info easily accessible would be valuable.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:28 am
Ken Jones

We are going to do that in the archives.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:44 am
salty nick

Have to really commend Alan for all the rebuild/repair threads - thanks a lot! I have no experience opening up conventionals, but with his step-by-step pictures & descriptions I felt confident enough to open up my (only) baitcaster, an Abu 6501 lefty. And though I wasn't able to fix the problem (after free-spool, sometimes will not kick into gear when cranking the handle), at least I was able to put it back together and it worked as good as before.

Salty.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:59 am
red fish

ken jones wrote:
We are going to do that in the archives.
2nd on that! I cannot say how many of my reels would have been down or de-commissioned without Alan's help! I need to bring some of those dinosaur Penns I have to a seminar and just sit there all day taking 'em apart until I can do it in my sleep like Alan does. I especially like what he did with that "sleeper Jiggy 500." Just add a complete accurate frame, sides, and handle to it now in one of those happy colors like red, blue, purple, or silver Smile Hard to beat a H.S. Jiggy or Squiddy turbo-charged, with Alan-switches, and Accuratized. Guaranteed to beat anything on the block, lol Wink
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:20 am
Rich Reano

Alan's Reel Rebuild posts are now archived in the Resources section. Thanks Alan!

Alan's Reel Rebuilds
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:05 pm
fishmom

Thanks, Alan, and to Pierfishing and you, Rich, for pulling this all together. This is just an amazing compilaton of information!
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:06 pm
alantani

wow!!!!! thank you! i've got some others in the works. it's nice to have a place like that to put them. alan

Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: