pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> A reminder on old fashioned civility— [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:41 pm
Ken Jones

Rich and I started this (off topic) board in response to your requests and because we realized the limitations enforced upon the main board. Off topic means simply that: a board for topics that are not allowed on the pier and shore fishing board. Thus freshwater reports, boats reports, and various other kindred topics are allowed AS LONG as the basic guidelines are followed.

The guidelines continue to call for no profane language and no personal attacks/threats on other people. There are boards that do allow such things. i.e., bloodydecks.com, but I am old fashioned, stuck in my ways, and perhaps even over the hill. But those are the rules and if you don't follow them we will delete a message, probably tick you off, and perhaps get into a disagreement that might lead to a ban. It's such a small requirement—no swearing, cussing, name calling, threats—why do it when it serves no useful purpose?

About now some of you are probably asking yourself why we have allowed some of the recent posts. In part it was due to poor moderation on my part. In part I have left one thread as an example of what I feel is a poor thread. I realize there are people who disagree with the way we moderate PFIC but you might as well get used to it. All it actually calls for is talking on the board as we hope you would do in a mixed group of people, young and old. Unfortunately given the mores of today's society (raunchy/obscene t-shirts, filthy lyrics that hype bad behavior—usually played way too loud, the use of profane language in public places, etc., I can see why many feel such language should be ok on the board. But, let me repeat, I am old and old fashioned, I have to pay the bills, and frequently I have to take the barbs and arrows (although Pescare and Gdude seem to get them first). It's my site and it's the old RHIP—rank has its privileges— refrain from the profane and keep this a site that your mother, sister, daughter and reverend could visit in peace.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:44 pm
Ken Jones

Oh, and fish in peace brothers and sisters!

Reverend Jones
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: