pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Has anyone tried this? New tech to help out fishermen.. [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:57 pm
cheddah

Here's an interesting read for those interested in new innovations in the fishing world:

"Fool-a-Fish is the brainchild of a Spokane physician named Milan Jeckle that's Dr. Jeckle to you who combined his love of chemistry and the outdoors into a new business. Fool-A-Fish is earning a growing reputation as anglers from Alaska to Florida enjoy success with the product.

"You catch three or four times more fish, and the biggest fish," Jeckle contended."

The entire article is in the link down below. Do you guys think this actually works?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060205/ap_on_bi_ge/fool_a_fish;_ylt=AmUXHh1aDgXJLUZwZS3MBP4sQE4F;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:59 pm
ogreen

Hey Eelmaster-can't you whip up something like this with titanium dioxide on the cheap?? Smile
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:45 am
grammar police

ogreen wrote:
Hey Eelmaster-can't you whip up something like this with titanium dioxide on the cheap?? Smile

I second that... C'mon Monte, we need titanium dioxide. Razz

Gotta beat $20+ with shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 am
eelmaster

Yeah, well, I have a 7 tons of TiO2 on the floor, as we speak. Will that do it? hehe The chalenge would be working up a binding agent that is both fast drying and not something nasty for the sea. I'm thinking something like a Gum acacia. It would eventually disolve but it would last long enough. Of course developing coatings is never that fast and simple, but it could be done. I would also play with mica platelets or a synthetic mica (potasium magnesium3 aluminum silicate?) coated in a TiO2 for better refraction.
If I had more time I'd work on it. But really, it sounds like a gimick to me.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:24 pm
grammar police

eelmaster wrote:
Yeah, well, I have a 7 tons of TiO2 on the floor, as we speak. Will that do it? hehe The chalenge would be working up a binding agent that is both fast drying and not something nasty for the sea. I'm thinking something like a Gum acacia. It would eventually disolve but it would last long enough. Of course developing coatings is never that fast and simple, but it could be done. I would also play with mica platelets or a synthetic mica (potasium magnesium3 aluminum silicate?) coated in a TiO2 for better refraction.
If I had more time I'd work on it. But really, it sounds like a gimick to me.

Monte you rock. Smile

I'll test a bottle on the hair raisers I plan to throw. I'll also give it a shot on the RF later this July.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:45 pm
ogreen

It does sound tempting for rockfish! If it does work out Grammar, I think a few twelve-packs of choice barley pop might help convince Monte Smile
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:21 pm
gmdcdvm

I actually bought some last year and used it for salmon and ling cod fishing. As best I can tell it seemed to work. I would spray it on the anchovies we used on the party boats for salmon, and even on slow days I seemd to be hooking up. Granted it could all be just random luck.

I figure it doesn't hurt, and might have helped. I plan on trying it on the pier and surf when I fish. We'll see.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: