pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> This is a prime batray spot. [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:34 am
eelmaster

A confrontation on a Bodega Bay road left a young Santa Rosa man dead from a gunshot wound to the head, Sonoma County Sheriff’s detectives said Tuesday.

See story below

ADVERTISEMENT

Twenty-year-old Manuel Vasquez Santos, of Bodega Bay, was shot after he and some friends stopped their car on Bay Flat Road to find out why another car was following them so closely, Sgt. Rob Giordano said.

The homicide occurred late Monday as Santos and four others were headed home from Santa Rosa to Bodega Bay. While driving along Highway 12 through Sebastopol they realized another car was driving directly behind them, Giordano said.

On Bay Flat Road in Bodega Bay, Santos’ car pulled over. The other car stopped as well.

Santos and his friends got out to confront the driver as two people got out of the other car. One was holding a handgun, Giordano said.

That man fired several shots at the group, striking Santos in the head. The suspects then quickly left and Santos was taken by his friends to a nearby mobile home park where they called 911 at about 11:30 p.m.

Santos was flown by helicopter to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital but died from his wound.

Detectives are looking for a newer model, dark green, two-door Honda with tinted rear windows, chrome wheels and low profile tires, Giordano said.

The driver was a young woman with straight black hair and thin eyebrows, possibly waxed, he said.

The man with the gun wore a red shirt and had a shaved head. He had a heavy build and stood about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10.

Giordano asked that anyone with information about the crime or suspects contact detectives at 565 2185.

--Randi Rossmann
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:54 am
mel

Wow, freaky story. You just never know. You Nor Cal people are craaazy!
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:13 pm
fakefisherman

Your secret's safe with me, Dustin. Shhh....
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:57 pm
eelmaster

I'm Monte.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:08 pm
fakefisherman

I know...I'm talkin about RH!
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:08 pm
rock hopper

I may get slight road rage when following a car that's doing 25mph when I'm trying to get to the fishing grounds after work and the sun's only up for another two hours.

But I never act on it! Wink
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: