pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page 1, 2  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Montezuma Slough event. [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:09 am
TerryF

Well first and most important of all I want to thank TacoFish for for letting me hitch hike with him and for showing me things on Sturgeon fishing .Things did not go quite as planed

WE had a few bites but no takers. weather was very windy started fishing by red barn some time around 8:00 pm and move to another spot until 6 am

LOL WELL I"M extremely tire up for over 24 hrs .

The Need For Speed >>>>Varoom>>>
And The Hot Pursuit Of Bigger Fish
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:49 pm
ray sharking

boat crapped out on the damn water. thanks tacofish for showin up and hookin terry up. i owe yall a trip. we picked up a couple small shakers and the guys next to us on the pier picked up a 20 incher. talked to some guys coming into the launch, they said the picked up a small sturg and big stripe they lost trying to land.sorry again terry. your a kewl dude. good to hear your daughter and her team won their game.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:21 am
mel

Don't worry guys. Happens to the best of us. There WILL be better dayz!
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:56 am
TerryF

Yes there will until next time and I'll be better prepared to need to do some shopping around for a good sturgeon pole etc.

The Need For Speed >>>>Varoom>>>
And The Hot Pursuit Of Bigger Fish
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:09 am
red fish

TacoFish, you should have gotten my number when we saw you at Red Barn Pier before sunset. We ended up hunkered down for the night after we saw you South of the pier due to the horrendous winds that kicked up all of a sudden and found solace tucked in to some tules on the west bank. Figured that you hadn't made it out in the heavy winds as it kept FishKiller from coming out due to a late Friday evening start.

Big thanks to Stripesidechaser for providing a very enjoyable over-night fishing trip/get-together.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:41 pm
ray sharking

hey tacofish i might be going up there this week we should hook up.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:52 pm
baitchucker

Hey All, Tacofish has turned into a PETA luving dirtbag. Okay, okay.... Ya busted me. Since the board already had a fish taco, I thought I might as well change my board name to Baitchucker. As well, I kinda like having synchronous names for my e:mail, multiple boards, blog, and other neccessities in life. Now, if I could only implement a single sign-on routine!

Anyway, I'm glad ya'll had a good time up in my neck of the woods. The wind is a double edge sword. At least it kept the skeeters off of us!

SSC & RS, Good to meet ya. MJones and OOB, good seeing ya again! Oh Red, Yep... Trading numbers would of been good. I accidentally left my phone in the van when we saw hooked up on Red Barn.

Again,it was Good seeing ya'll,
Baitchucker AKA Tacofish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:25 am
stripesidechaser

Note for future trips... get everyone's cell phone since not everyone has vhf. I kept the radio on all night listening for everyone, but didn't hear a word.
Learned one thing about my boat... I'm too big to sleep in tne bow! I played "good host" and slept on the floor between the seats, so I didn't wake up in a permanent ball.
Sorry that didn't quite work out the way we planned it, I hope everyone still had a good time.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:30 am
stripesidechaser

Oh yeah, best part of the trip was in the morning... a salmon kept jumping close to the bank, just about 10' past where Red could cast... I kept waiting for a kamicaze scream, followed by a splash as Red went for the beast!
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:21 am
ray sharking

there pickin up a few salmon at isleton. i was thinkin of headin up there to try my luck this week. anybody game?
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:38 am
stripesidechaser

ray sharking wrote:
there pickin up a few salmon at isleton. i was thinkin of headin up there to try my luck this week. anybody game?

Wish I could... my boss thinks I should work during the week, man what a jerk! Wink
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:35 pm
red fish

red fish wrote:
TacoFish, you should have gotten my number when we saw you at Red Barn Pier before sunset. We ended up hunkered down for the night after we saw you South of the pier due to the horrendous winds that kicked up all of a sudden and found solace tucked in to some tules on the west bank. Figured that you hadn't made it out in the heavy winds as it kept FishKiller from coming out due to a late Friday evening start.

Big thanks to Stripesidechaser for providing a very enjoyable over-night fishing trip/get-together.

Bob's_Trip.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.67 KB
 Viewed:  5145 Time(s)

Bob's_Trip.jpg

Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:09 pm
rock hopper

HAHA! I bet Bob went out and bought that bucket specifically to match his boat!

Nice strizzle Red Fizzle.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:03 pm
mjonesjr

Red where's the love. No pic of the only sturgeon caught that weekend, all be it a small one. I bet those pics I took didn't even need to be croped because they were already centered. Where is the love??? :p

mjonesjr
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:19 pm
red fish

mjonesjr wrote:
Red where's the love. No pic of the only sturgeon caught that weekend, all be it a small one. I bet those pics I took didn't even need to be croped because they were already centered. Where is the love??? :p

mjonesjr
I don't even remember us taking one. We were waking up, I caught that dinky catfish, then you caught the sturgeon, before the sun came up and there wasn't any light. I would have recalled a flash going off I think, but remember none. You threw it back in the water so quickly that if I attempted to take a picture, I had no verification that it took before you tossed him back. My bad.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 2  Page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: