pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> New penn 113mtl & 114mtl reels. [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:19 pm
Bat-Ray-Dave

Penn came out with these reels just the past few months. I know of a couple places that have them (113mtl) locally here. $199.99 in store or online price. Most other places have them for $229.00 which seems like the msrp. The 113mtl is a 4/0 size with 3bb and beautiful metal. I want one in anodized blue, my favorite color. I will end up getting one of each. But I haven't found the 114mtl yet around here. 3 places online I have found at google sell the 6/0 version for only $20.00 more. What a steal! They feel very solid. I am a Penn man all the way. I have moved up from starting at a 209ms levelwind to now a 6/0 which suits my needs.

Default settings unless otherwise noted.
Place = Newport Bay dock
Bait = Big Squid
Rod = Sabre Stroker CTS6455-BRNG
Reel = Penn 114h 6/0 Full-Aluminum Frame
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:50 pm
red fish

Very nice BatRay Dave.. I am imagining these are the updates for the old discontinued Baja Special. They were closing out the old model for about $139.88 at Cabela's in June. Sweet reels, but I barely get enough use out of the reels I have that are that big now as I rarely go on a longrange species, and there are only about 3 species in the Bay that you would possibly need anything that large. [/color]
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: