pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Pop's Favorite way to prepare Calico fillets [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:45 am
dompfapops

Sometimes the simplist is the best.
Cut up fillets into a nice serving size, check for bones, and dry with a paper towel. DON'T SEASON!
Make a batter using beer or water and Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix.
Dip the dry fish in the batter and deep fry in vegetable oil 3 minutes turn 'em over and 3 more minutes.
Let 'em cool on paper towels
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:16 pm
dompfapops

dompfapops wrote:
Sometimes the simplist is the best.
Cut up fillets into a nice serving size, check for bones, and dry with a paper towel. DON'T SEASON!
Make a batter using beer or water and Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix.
Dip the dry fish in the batter and deep fry in vegetable oil 3 minutes turn 'em over and 3 more minutes.
Let 'em cool on paper towels
RIGHT ABOUT HERE WE HAD AN EARTHQUAKE! 5.4 Chino Hills so I waited until the shaking stopped and submitted the recipe. . . Only in California!
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:09 pm
frozendog

after you eat the fish cut a apple in slices and cut out core,then dip in the left over batter and fry in the oil until golden.Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon or vanilla ice cream or caramel ice cream topping.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:18 pm
dompfapops

frozendog wrote:
after you eat the fish cut a apple in slices and cut out core,then dip in the left over batter and fry in the oil until golden.Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon or vanilla ice cream or caramel ice cream topping.
I'll try that!
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: