Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Smoked bat ray with port Daniel E [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:21 pm
Ken Jones

Bat ray smoked with special sauce.

Posted by Daniel E.

You take one bottle of port wine and a bottle teriyaki and mix 50/50 in larg bowl and then cut up a whole onion red into the mix. Then you take the wings and slice real thin and put into the mix and let soak for 4 hours. Then put on smoker and add a little salt not much just a pinch and some pepper and cook till they just start to dry out with just a little moisture left and then there done. Wow you will not believe the flavor that port wine does with the teriyaki and onion. It makes a whole new flavor. You can use this same mix with tri tip and it will blow your mind.
Measure in micrometers mark it with a kill and cut it with an axe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:48 pm

I would rather use this recipe with halibut... I had some teriyaki halibut that was slightly grilled on a BBQ with green onion thrown into the sauce mix, and it was the best I have had to date. A guy that Mark at Kayak Connection had a friend of his (perhaps a chef) cook a halibut that one of the yakers caught and donated to the pot for all. The guy mentioned his teriyaki sauce to me and the green onion and that he cooked it for 4 minute a side on the BBQ. Lightest , and most flavorful I have had to date... ICA cooks a mean fish as well... and Bob can burn with the best of 'em...
Top of page
Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: