pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Inchiku Jigs [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:58 am
sphunfishing

Any one tried these Inchiku jigs for rockfish? They look easy to make. I'll make some and going to try them out on April 21st, on Ankeny Street fishing boat.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:19 pm
tsang151

yes they work. stick to 3oz / 90g weight depending for HMB shallows. A lot of people use what they call the ho-d jig if you are using bars. good luck out there.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:18 pm
red fish

sphunfishing wrote:
Any one tried these Inchiku jigs for rockfish? They look easy to make. I'll make some and going to try them out on April 21st, on Ankeny Street fishing boat.

That's great, please give a report on how you do.
I have been meaning to go out on a partyboat in the ocean for awhile now. I like going out of HMB because I never get sick going out there. I've gotten sick in recent years the one or two times a year I might go to the Farallon Islands now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:41 pm
YoungAsianFisher

I'll be on Queen of Hearts on Friday April 6th. Not much of a shrimp fly guy myself so I'll be throwing a variety of bars and jigs similar to the ones you mentioned, I'll report back on action. Also gonna be doing salmon on the 14th hopefully it'll be a good day!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:20 pm
sphunfishing

YoungAsianFisher wrote:
I'll be on Queen of Hearts on Friday April 6th. Not much of a shrimp fly guy myself so I'll be throwing a variety of bars and jigs similar to the ones you mentioned, I'll report back on action. Also gonna be doing salmon on the 14th hopefully it'll be a good day!

I thought rock fish season starts on April 15th in the San Francisco management area. Anyway, good luck with your trips.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:11 am
YoungAsianFisher

sphunfishing wrote:
YoungAsianFisher wrote:

I thought rock fish season starts on April 15th in the San Francisco management area. Anyway, good luck with your trips.

Luckily we will be fishing south of Pigeon Point which falls under central management's April 1st opener which I enjoy more since I find the fish to be of better quality and size Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:54 pm
Sin_Coast

I can't gather the willpower to spend $ on expensive and/or trendy lures for rockfish...because I'll be fishing snaggy structure, and rockfish will bite anything. Smile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:40 pm
sphunfishing

Sin_Coast wrote:
I can't gather the willpower to spend $ on expensive and/or trendy lures for rockfish...because I'll be fishing snaggy structure, and rockfish will bite anything. Smile

That's why I decided to invest some times in building molds and make my own Smile.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: