pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Has anybody fished Shark Fin Cove recently? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:32 am
sea_forager

Don't find many fishing reports on this area specifically-- and only one fishing video so far on YT of somebody pulling what looked like a Calico from shore-- but the cove and cliffs around it look plenty deep to me. Plenty of drone footage though.

Have any of you fished this beach? I'm thinking about making the drive down there in a couple weeks and was wondering if it was worth the effort or if I should look around the rocks at Davenport Beach instead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:50 am
sea_forager

Additionally, I've read older reports from Greyhound Rock-- and there's a sign at its entrance that says "Coastal Fishing Access", but it straddles both the Ano Nuevo SMR and Greyhound Rock SMCA, so is the fishing access it mentions salmon fishing since that's allowed from shore in the SMCA area, or am I missing something and rockfishing from shore is allowed as well?

I'd have to go back and look but I'm guessing the reports that I've read were all prior to 2007 when the SMR was established...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 am
salmonneed help

The SMR does not allow fishing period. The SMCA does allow fishing from shore as well as by boat. There is alot of good rocky area down there that will produce fish. Try and go when the swells are down. Good luck.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 am
sea_forager

salmonneed help wrote:
The SMR does not allow fishing period. The SMCA does allow fishing from shore as well as by boat. There is alot of good rocky area down there that will produce fish. Try and go when the swells are down. Good luck.

Ahh I see it now. I missed the part of Greyhound Rock's SMCA description where it allows finfish to be taking from shore by h&l. Nice. Guess I'll be adding that to my list for that trip.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:45 am
Ken Jones

Yes, fishing should be allowed from shore. This is an area we debated over at some length during the MPA meetings.
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: