pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> San Clemente Pier Report [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:39 pm
teddydog

Fished the pier on Wednesday, 10/18/2017 from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm.

Slow fishing day. Only a handful of people at the end of the pier. Tides were rough and seaweed was plentiful on the bottom.

Lots of small baitfish in the water, but they weren't interested in the sabiki.

People were catching mackerels, smelt, and a couple of yellow-fin croakers. The mackerels were few and the bonitos were a no show.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:26 am
Ken Jones

Thanks for the report!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:47 am
Lugazzy

Was there late Friday night. Very rough sets prevented a lot of action. Didn't see many pickups at all. Was able to get two macs and long enough to see the couple that plays guitar and sings in the restrooms. Second time this has happened in a few months.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:11 am
makairaa

I helped run a special needs fishing event there saturday morning. Fishing was decent for us. The kids caught mackerel, calico bass, spotfin croaker, yellowfin croaker, batrays, jack smelt and rock wrasse. The mackerel were best from when we started setting up a 7am till 830am and then slowed. Everything else bit till about 11:15 then the bite completely shut off. I have not had a chance to check the tides and see if they was any correlation to when the bite shut off.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:47 am
Mahigeer

makairaa wrote:
I helped run a special needs fishing event there saturday morning. Fishing was decent for us. The kids caught mackerel, calico bass, spotfin croaker, yellowfin croaker, batrays, jack smelt and rock wrasse. The mackerel were best from when we started setting up a 7am till 830am and then slowed. Everything else bit till about 11:15 then the bite completely shut off. I have not had a chance to check the tides and see if they was any correlation to when the bite shut off.

Thanks for doing the event.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: