pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Striper at Dumbarton Pier [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 am
sphunfishing

During lunch time yesterday, I say an old man caught a striper at Dumbarton Pier, October 9th. He caught it at the very beginning of the pier. Most guys go to the very end of the pier to catch striper, I was surprised.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:47 am
red fish

Thanks for the report. Per schedule, this is the time year is when striper are supposed to be at Dumbarton. Last year some were caught at the beginning (on the bridge side). So, I
have seen beginning, middle, and end. The beginning makes sense, when there is water there, because striper like to feed on worms and crustaceans near the rocks/bank/shoreline. At the end is the edge of the channel (beginning of the drop-off).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:08 am
ING

Thank you for report!
Is somebody could advise me how to rich fishing place on Dumbarton pierce?
There is nearest parking place and what way to access it?
Thanks
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:24 am
sphunfishing

Hi ING. Exit CA-84 on Thornton. Turn left on Thornton, if you are coming from Fremont side, otherwise turn right if coming from across the bridge. Turn right on Marshland Road. There should be a big sign in front that said "Don Edwards National Life Refuge". When you see the sign, turn. This road will lead you to the pier. The first parking lot to your right have restroom with running water. There is a stop sign a little further from the 1st parking lot. At the stop sign, there's a parking lot to your left. Do not park in either lot. Keep on driving straight, following the road to the very end. The pier is at the very end of the road and there are plenty of parking.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:17 pm
ING

sphunfishing wrote:
Hi ING. Exit CA-84 on Thornton. Turn left on Thornton, if you are coming from Fremont side, otherwise turn right if coming from across the bridge. Turn right on Marshland Road. There should be a big sign in front that said "Don Edwards National Life Refuge". When you see the sign, turn. This road will lead you to the pier. The first parking lot to your right have restroom with running water. There is a stop sign a little further from the 1st parking lot. At the stop sign, there's a parking lot to your left. Do not park in either lot. Keep on driving straight, following the road to the very end. The pier is at the very end of the road and there are plenty of parking.

Thank you, sphunfishing, very much for complete explanation!
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: