pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Best Surf Rod? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:23 pm
porkchopXpress

Hi guys. I'm looking at high end surf rods to purchase. I'm currently looking at the ODM Genesis and Frontier. Do any of you guys have any opinions on what's best or your personal favorite? Does anyone have any experience with the ODM rods?
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 pm
pinoyfisherman

I have personally not used any of those brands, and I assume you're trying to find a surf rod for striper fishing? I have a st.croix triump 9ft which I love, and I have tried the st.croix mojo which I would buy if I had the extra $100.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:15 pm
k1n

tough question. A lot of good rods and even more great rods out there. I cut my teeth on team Dawia surf classics. Moved up to a loomis, hated it, went to a custom rainshadow, eeehhh....and now throwing a daiwa coastal sp. still miss my surf classic. Depending on your willingness to spend...tsunamis got some good sticks out there.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 am
Sofa King

I got into the Phenix surf rods. Thought they would be a bit fast but turns out its a fantastic ride for surf fishing. Might try a Cousins rod this year.

Early to bed, Early to rise, fish all day, make up lies
<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:09 am
porkchopXpress

Yeah I've been looking at the Cousins as well. I almost bought a their Ron Arra model. Its pretty heavy which was a turn off for me. I would like to check out the tsunami airwave. I've heard really good things about ODM rods but being a east coast manufacturer I can't find them here. Was hoping maybe some of you guys have used them
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:05 pm
BignevadaBoB

porkchopXpress wrote:
Yeah I've been looking at the Cousins as well. I almost bought a their Ron Arra model. Its pretty heavy which was a turn off for me. I would like to check out the tsunami airwave. I've heard really good things about ODM rods but being a east coast manufacturer I can't find them here. Was hoping maybe some of you guys have used them

New Coastside #2 in Pacifica carry both the Genesis and Frontier ODM's.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: