pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Memorial For Big Rich McIntosh [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 pm
illcatchanything2

Hello everyone,

I have received word from the family that there will be a fishing memorial for our friend Richard "Big Rich" McIntosh.

The memorial will be on 8/18/2017, and will be held in the Berkeley Marina at the picnic table in the parking lot of H/S. Lordships restaurant.

08/18/17 at 700 PM.

Bring your pole and cast a line....

A few things about this spot.

1) ***MOST IMPORTANT***
If you do want to fish this spot, a LICENSE IS REQUIRED & only 1 pole at a time can be in the water.

2) This spot tends to need heavy gear as it is primarily a Shark/Ray spot (although looking at my notes over the years I find that I have in fact caught 2 Halibut there (1 short, 1 barely legal, & a dozen or so keeper sized striped bass)

3) I will be conducting the service and saying a few things and will invite comment from anyone who knew Rich. Then we can fish.

4) ALL ARE INVITED

Shoot me a PM or hit me up on Facebook if you have any questions.

God Bless

Brian
ICA2

Last edited by illcatchanything2 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:21 pm
Mahigeer

Sorry to hear about it. May he rest in peace.

I met him once on the Santa Monica pier.

I also lost a friend this past weekend which was a shock to us.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:35 pm
red fish

Brian, let me know about any arrangements. I don't know if I can make it up to Redding if the service is there (perhaps we can carpool?).
If not there, we can have a get together/ Mud Marlin / one last cast as you suggested in Berkeley.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:10 am
Tifoso

May he RIP. I am sorry.

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:11 pm
red fish

Brian,

Richard's sister Roberta contacted me.
She is making some arrangements. She said to pass on her information to you so that we can all be on the same page. I will text/PM you this info.

May is coming up, there is a lot of freshwater in Bay still, but we can start to get the informal BigRich memorial/Mud-Marlin Derby together (Basically what we planned last year but did not get to execute).
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:09 am
pinfish

RIP Bigrich
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 am
illcatchanything2

***********UPDATE**********

There will be a memorial that is being held at the bar where Rich worked security.

Date: 04/30/17
Time:Noon-5:00PM

Place: Keslers Lounge

125 Couch Street
Vallejo, CA 94590

All are welcome {21 & over)

We are also working out the dates for a Memorial Fishing day (and probably into the night) for those who are either not 21 yet or for those who may not feel comfortable in a bar (especially one that you dont know),or those who like myself, bars are just not your thing. Stay tuned for more info on that one.....

Brian
ICA2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:42 pm
Tifoso

Didn't know him, but they say you can judge a man by the quality of his friends. If so, he must have been a heckuva man.

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:41 am
red fish

illcatchanything2 wrote:
***********UPDATE**********

There will be a memorial that is being held at the bar where Rich worked security.

Date: 04/30/17
Time:Noon-5:00PM

Place: Keslers Lounge

125 Couch Street
Vallejo, CA 94590

All are welcome {21 & over)

We are also working out the dates for a Memorial Fishing day (and probably into the night) for those who are either not 21 yet or for those who may not feel comfortable in a
bar (especially one that you dont know),or those who like myself, bars are just not your thing. Stay tuned for more info on that one.....

Brian
ICA2

Brian, even though I went to the bar once with Rich, he is the only one I knew there (were he worked). Unless David or others I know are going to be there, the fishing memorial would be a better "home going" ceremony for me to attend.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:07 pm
Sofa King

Rest in peace Big Rich.
You are surely going to be missed.
Be sure to share some good fish tales with the big guy upstairs.

Early to bed, Early to rise, fish all day, make up lies
<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:08 pm
Sofa King

Pier fishing in California friends and family,
Jeanette Mary has asked me to send her sincere condolences for the loss of our good friend and fishing buddy Big Rich. Rest in peace Rich.

Early to bed, Early to rise, fish all day, make up lies
<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:20 pm
red fish

This is a fishing report:

Brian et'al, I just tore down about a 50" batray at Clayton's Cove. Just getting out for a second after work, went by the old KDIA off Grand Ave/80 but it was just a touch too windy for my tastes with head-on winds (a couple kite-boarders there).
Left there and circled back to the flats of Clayton's Cove. It was just past 7:30 then.
With all the freshwater in the bay, I figured it was safe to use my steel-head rod and Abu 6500 with 15-pound monofilament. So, I put out a whole, frozen anchovy on a Carolina with a one-ounce weight and hurled it out with and off-the-ground cast.
Less than 10 minutes later, a bite and run that has my line zipping out rapidly. I tightened my drag down to add a good fighting pressure I figured would not snap my line. Low and behold, a bat ray of all things, the first one I caught this spring! After a fight to going way out, to the right, and back to the left, I subdued the beast without breaking my rod, line, or the reel (the pawl may of taken some wear). "BigRich" definitely made his presence be known... Brought this behemoth in to find out someone had cut its tail off right above where the barb would have been. The big girl went on back happily on her way flapping her wings and splashing her way back into the water. She had surfaced three times out in the water during the fight. And she had all of the advantage on that rig! I thought I was going to snap the Clarus rod, like Jeremy Wade trying to hoist a king-sized stingray in Thailand, but it held up surprisingly.

One of the best fights I have had on steelhead gear. A battle worthy of a derby number-one win!

Even if (we) don't have a get-together/memorial, BigRich's spirit revealed itself in full-force!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:54 am
red fish

illcatchanything2 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have received word from the family that there will be a fishing memorial for our friend Richard "Big Rich" McIntosh.

The memorial will be on 8/18/2017, and will be held in the Berkeley Marina at the picnic table in the parking lot of H/S. Lordships restaurant.

08/18/17 at 700 PM.

Bring your pole and cast a line....

A few things about this spot.

1) ***MOST IMPORTANT***
If you do want to fish this spot, a LICENSE IS REQUIRED & only 1 pole at a time can be in the water.

2) This spot tends to need heavy gear as it is primarily a Shark/Ray spot (although looking at my notes over the years I find that I have in fact caught 2 Halibut there (1 short, 1 barely legal, & a dozen or so keeper sized striped bass)

3) I will be conducting the service and saying a few things and will invite comment from anyone who knew Rich. Then we can fish.

4) ALL ARE INVITED

Shoot me a PM or hit me up on Facebook if you have any questions.

God Bless

Brian
ICA2

Berkeley, California Tide Chart

Requested time: 2017-08-18 Fri 12:00 AM PDT

Tide chart: Berkeley, California

Google

Custom Search
Berkeley, California
37.8667° N, 122.3000° W

2017-08-18 Fri 3:51 AM PDT -0.4 feet Low Tide
2017-08-18 Fri 6:27 AM PDT Sunrise
2017-08-18 Fri 10:58 AM PDT 4.9 feet High Tide
2017-08-18 Fri 3:45 PM PDT 2.6 feet Low Tide
2017-08-18 Fri 7:57 PM PDT Sunset
2017-08-18 Fri 9:49 PM PDT 6.8 feet High Tide
2017-08-19 Sat 4:43 AM PDT -0.7 feet Low Tide
2017-08-19 Sat 6:28 AM PDT Sunrise
2017-08-19 Sat 11:46 AM PDT 5.2 feet High Tide
2017-08-19 Sat 4:40 PM PDT 2.3 feet Low Tide
2017-08-19 Sat 7:56 PM PDT Sunset
2017-08-19 Sat 10:45 PM PDT 6.9 feet High Tide
locator mapAir TempWind SpeedWater TempVisibility

Tide Calendars

One month
One year

NOT FOR NAVIGATION

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Both the author and the website provider assume no liability for damages arising from use of these predictions. They are not certified to be correct, and they do not incorporate the effects of tropical storms, El Niño, seismic events, continental drift, or changes in global sea level.

Web pages copyright © 2005-2015 Mobile Geographics LLC
Master index Zone index XTide software Feedback Start over Hints and tricks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:28 pm
grammar police

RIP big friend!

Sorry to hear of this loss to the pier and shore fishing community. May he forever catch fish and never be skunked at the big pond in the sky.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 pm
Ken Jones

I plan to attend but will not be fishing. I Hope to see everyone there.
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: