pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Fort Point Crabbing [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:38 pm
chowmein

Hi everyone. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't seem to figure out if rock crabs are open to catch because of the domoic acid. I know that dingies are okay in certain areas but I can"t find info on rock crabs. I usually go to Fort Point but haven't been since then closure for crabs first happened. Thanks in advance, Ed.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:50 pm
sea_forager

chowmein wrote:
Hi everyone. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't seem to figure out if rock crabs are open to catch because of the domoic acid. I know that dingies are okay in certain areas but I can"t find info on rock crabs. I usually go to Fort Point but haven't been since then closure for crabs first happened. Thanks in advance, Ed.

Hey there! Rock Crab recreational fishery is open statewide, just be wary of consuming the butter of the crab, as that's where toxins are going to be concentrated. But as long as they measure 4" and up, they're good to go. The season for dungeness ends today for the rest of California (Mendo and Humboldt county) until November.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:01 pm
chowmein

Thanks for the quick reply!

sea_forager wrote:
chowmein wrote:

Hey there! Rock Crab recreational fishery is open statewide, just be wary of consuming the butter of the crab, as that's where toxins are going to be concentrated. But as long as they measure 4" and up, they're good to go. The season for dungeness ends today for the rest of California (Mendo and Humboldt county) until November.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:04 am
Ken Jones

Any fish being caught there? Was thinking of possibly going there the Sunday after the kids derby in San Rafael.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 am
pinoyfisherman

Ken Jones wrote:
Any fish being caught there? Was thinking of possibly going there the Sunday after the kids derby in San Rafael.
there's jacksmelt being caught there right now, and the usual variety of perch/rockfish caught around the pilings.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:06 am
sea_forager

Ken Jones wrote:

People next to the pier fishing off the beach at Crissy Field have been catching perch and halis as well.

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: