pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Dumb, dumb, dumb... [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 pm
Ken Jones

http://goldrushcam.com/sierrasuntimes/index.php/news/local-news/11054-california-state-assembly-committee-kills-12-month-fishing-license-bill
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:13 pm
sea_forager

Ken Jones wrote:
http://goldrushcam.com/sierrasuntimes/index.php/news/local-news/11054-california-state-assembly-committee-kills-12-month-fishing-license-bill

There is a competing bill (AB 986 [LINK]) that I think will have a better chance of passage because it kicks down discounts to veterans-- a sexier feather in a politicians cap, especially those up for re-election next year, whereas SB 187 did not have a similar provision.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:21 pm
makairaa

The real problem is the state raids the license funds and puts them in the general fund. Good luck getting them to do anything that might reduce the states money.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:16 pm
Trumbo

They don't care about sport anglers. They let the commys bleed everything dry. Decline in fisheries leads to decline of anglers. Especially those who know what good fishing is and or was.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 am
songslinger

I guess common sense makes too much sense for politicians. Doesn't seem to matter which party, either. We've been hosed by three Republican and two Democrat governors in recent years, none of whom had the slightest interest in angling and outdoor recreation. They have appointed terrible Fish & Game (or Fish and Wildlife) directors and stacked the Fish & Game Commission with white collar businessmen who have next to no experience in fishing.

Same deal with our state representatives from both the senate and assembly.

Too bad. I know many, including myself, who think that a 12-month license is long overdue. I'm sure we've all heard someone talk about getting into fishing in, say, late autumn, but who does not want to pay full price for license that lapses in a couple months. We are losing public piers all over the state, and the remaining ones are getting congested, so that alternative is not particularly feasible.

Politicians may not think they are hostile to fishing, but they might as well be. The effect is the same.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:25 pm
Sfork

sea_forager wrote:
Ken Jones wrote:

There is a competing bill (AB 986 [LINK]) that I think will have a better chance of passage because it kicks down discounts to veterans-- a sexier feather in a politicians cap, especially those up for re-election next year, whereas SB 187 did not have a similar provision.

Hmmm,

If I'm reading this right it'll Raise the fee's for disabled veterans from $8 (current) to around $25(%50). In exchange for giving every veteran a %25 discount. I don't know any vet that would take a $11 discount if it meant taking away $18 from all disabled vets.

I imagine this is intentionally in the bill to kill the bill....
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: