pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Ling Cod - Mendocino Coast [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:25 am
FireRidge

been a while since ive posted...were in the middle of purchasing land in oregon so i havent been able to go fishing at all.
finally got out on the cliffs for the first time this month with a friend who had never fished before. he immediatly hooks a big perch, next cast a big grassie, and third cast a 22 inch lingcod!
he was so happy. I myself got skunked and didnt even get a bite. the next day we headed out to the same spot and he hooks a big perch, a big grassie and then we snag snag snag and run out of weights. i had a single 2oz swimbait in my bag and tossed it in just for fun (ive only tried a swimbait one time and never from a 40ft cliff) i bounce once, twice, and them BAM something big hits it. sure enought it was a 28in 8lb lingcod. took a minute to pull it up a 40ft cliff but i cant tell you how happy i was when i finally had him up on the grass!!

Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:13 pm
frozendog

Congrats that is a beast of a Ling Cod! And you did it the hard way from way off the water. Your fish eats my fish for lunch.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:16 am
Salty Nick v2

Nice going! From a cliff on a swimbait - now that's a high level of difficulty! Congrats!

Salty.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:21 am
FireRidge

Salty Nick v2 wrote:
Nice going! From a cliff on a swimbait - now that's a high level of difficulty! Congrats!

Salty.

frozendog wrote:
Congrats that is a beast of a Ling Cod! And you did it the hard way from way off the water. Your fish eats my fish for lunch.

thanks guys, im pretty stoked on it even if it was pure luck haha...but check out its tail, it has a super fresh bite mark. im thinkin there is something bigger down there that hit it while i was pulling it in.
im headed back to see...
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:21 am
The Orion

AWESOME!!! Good work out there!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:34 am
FireRidge

The Orion wrote:
AWESOME!!! Good work out there!

thanks!