pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> bootfoot breathable wader for norcal sandy beach [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:12 am
uglystick

Hi everyone,

Yes, I have used the bright yellow [search] before creating yet another thread that contains keyword "wader" Smile

I am not asking general question that will generate tons of same discussions.

Mine is specific:

I am looking for a bootfoot breathable chest wader for surf-fishing in norcal (SF) beaches.

Among the popular brand names, I cannot find a breathable with bootfoot version.

I am using this cheap PVC one from Hodgman. I was very happy with it because of the !/$, until I found a small leak near boot seal area only after 6th use.

https://www.amazon.com/Hodgman-Mackenzie-Cleated-Bootfoot-Fishing/dp/B00PCAHILC/

I am not sure if this is a common issue with wader in this price tag. Actually, if I cannot find any good alternative bootfoot wader, I might order another one and handle it with gentle care.

Please let me know your comments and suggestions. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:51 pm
YoungAsianFisher

I personally bought a Hodgman H3 breathable stockingfoot. Too bad I bought it online.... ordered a large where my waist and chest is perfect fit but geez I look like an astronaut from waist down. I cant even fit a pair of boots nor did I bother looking for one so I wear it as is in the surf haha. It was cheap online tho so I cant complain really..
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:22 pm
beutelevision

YoungAsianFisher wrote:
I personally bought a Hodgman H3 breathable stockingfoot. Too bad I bought it online.... ordered a large where my waist and chest is perfect fit but geez I look like an astronaut from waist down. I cant even fit a pair of boots nor did I bother looking for one so I wear it as is in the surf haha. It was cheap online tho so I cant complain really..

I use a Cabela's stockingfoot. My shoe size is 11 so I bought a pair of cheap sneakers size 13 and also a pair of size 13 water shoes and they just fit. I use the water shoes mostly and I use them just to protect the stocking foot from rocks and pebbles.
Top of page
Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: