pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Stradic FK vs Spinfisher V [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:16 pm
ctumekubo

Hey everyone, I have been fishing the piers and jetties of socal for about a year now and am looking to upgrade from my Penn Fierce and Battle 2. Very very happy with both but would like to move up a notch and try out a higher quality reel. Im currently fishing piers and harbor jetties and usually targeting calicos and sand bass but catch all sorts of species. I've been reading all sorts of reviews from all over the web but I think this site is way more relative to my style of fishing. I highly value all of your opinions. So what do you all think, Stradic FK 4000 or Spinfisher V 4500? It seems the Spinfisher V is more durable which is good when your spending a lot of time on the rocks but the Stradic FK just sounds so smooth. Im seeing a $37 price difference with the Stradic FK being the pricier one. I've been leaning towards the Stradic just to try out a different brand and it seems to be durable enough for my uses but what do suggest?
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:35 pm
FishingRonin

I have the stradic 4000 series that I bought last year. It will be perfect for what you are using it for. I was suprised by how light it was compared to how it looked. When you are looking at it, it looks like its going to have some heft to it but as soon as you pick it up, its like picking up air. Casts great and of course smooth as butter.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:49 am
ctumekubo

Awesome! Thank you so much for replying! I'm going to buy the Stradic. The reel just sounds like a work of art.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: