pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page 1, 2, 3  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
>> Hurray! [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:52 pm
ING

Hurray!
According Daily Reservoir Storage Summary, Total % Group Average 102.07%
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/reservoirs/RES
Is drought continue?
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:11 am
bigunindaboat

This is nowhere near enough water/SNOWPACK to get us out of a drought. Look at the Stanislaus watershed.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:34 am
Fishmom1

My hart goes out to folks on the Central Cal. coast--Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, etc. It must bite to read about all the full reservoirs when they are still desperate to fill theirs, much less ground water.

And in the Central Valley, towns are still trucking in water. I wonder if they will ever recover; possibly not, as ground pumping continues.

That's not to say I'm not glad to see northern lakes filling, though. The trout are grateful!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:04 pm
Ken Jones

It's a start. What we need though is a good snow pack going into March-April.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:26 pm
ING

This report is for both: RESERVOIRS IN NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. A lot of water diverting from Northern to Southern California. By the way: today the Total % Group Average already is 107.13% and trend continue!
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm
bigunindaboat

ING wrote:
This report is for both: RESERVOIRS IN NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. A lot of water diverting from Northern to Southern California. By the way: today the Total % Group Average already is 107.13% and trend continue!

The state's largest reservoir is at 78%, second at 69%, but the fourth largest reservoir is only at 31% capacity.

The rain is welcome, but we really need snowpack, and lots more rain. The central sierras need much more precipitation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:44 am
ING

bigunindaboat wrote:
ING wrote:

The state's largest reservoir is at 78%, second at 69%, but the fourth largest reservoir is only at 31% capacity.

The rain is welcome, but we really need snowpack, and lots more rain. The central sierras need much more precipitation.

You are manipulating by numbers: The state's largest reservoir is at 126% (average), second at 117%. Maximum capacity almost never really possible.
Today it is 81% and 74% doesn't means drought!
Total % Group Average: 110.94% and rain continue. Snow pack also rising.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:14 am
RobF

"...water is for fighting"

There will always be a deficiency in water in this state, no matter how full the reservoirs, because of the number of people. If we ever wanted to get serious about addressing the problem, then we should consider methods of reducing the population.

But we cling to the fallacy of infinite growth when the evidence clearly shows finite resources. China had at least one good idea, so I propose "The California one child per family act of 2017".

Rob
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 am
Ken Jones

RobF wrote:

There will always be a deficiency in water in this state, no matter how full the reservoirs, because of the number of people. If we ever wanted to get serious about addressing the problem, then we should consider methods of reducing the population.

But we cling to the fallacy of infinite growth when the evidence clearly shows finite resources. China had at least one good idea, so I propose "The California one child per family act of 2017".

Rob

I do not think our system of government will ever condone authoritarian rules like the one child per family rule. California already has a relatively low birth rate but much of the increase in population during the past 50 years has been due to immigration into the state. Unless that factor is addressed, the population will continue to grow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:26 am
Tifoso

RobF wrote:

Rob

It's a horrible policy. I don't want to get political here, so I'll leave it at that.

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:27 am
Tifoso

Ken Jones wrote:

I do not think our system of government will ever condone authoritarian rules like the one child per family rule. California already has a relatively low birth rate but much of the increase in population during the past 50 years has been due to immigration into the state. Unless that factor is addressed, the population will continue to grow.

Exactly.

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 pm
RobF

That didn't take long to make my point. All we want to do is complain about water. We are not interested in actually solving the problem.

Anyone who is a gun owner in California is quite familiar with the state's willingness to erase certain parts of our "rights" through authoritarian rules. Reproducing is not a right, but it is a practice that business and politicians love to encourage.$$$
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 pm
Tifoso

RobF wrote:
That didn't take long to make my point. All we want to do is complain about water. We are not interested in actually solving the problem.

Anyone who is a gun owner in California is quite familiar with the state's willingness to erase certain parts of our "rights" through authoritarian rules. Reproducing is not a right, but it is a practice that business and politicians love to encourage.$$$

Reproduction is a basic human right. Sheesh.
I love how the anti-life crowd is always willing to shut the door to new life-right after they've been allowed to be born, of course.

This is my last post regarding this "argument".

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:58 pm
makairaa

RobF wrote:

Rob

The way the cost of living in this state is going and the way our legislature is managing the state I would not worry about it. It will not be long before the population levels off or starts shrinking as the majority will not be able to afford to live here.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:24 pm
Trumbo

The funny thing is some well off educated techy immigrants bought homes downwind from the dump at el stinko. Now they're complaining about the smell and want the dump closed.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 3  Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: