pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Socal Surfperch? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:43 pm
EgoNonBaptizo

Does anybody know any beaches (No secret spots necessary I'll find my own) where you can catch surfperch consistently near Orange County? I have tried targeting Surfperch from Bolsa Chica and Huntington with little luck.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:45 pm
Troutdog

Perchin has been slow for awhile down south, but the latest reports I've seen seem to indicate the're showing back up. I haven't fished SO cal much in the last few years and my main AO is in northern LA and Ventura counties, but I caught perch and corbina from the San Clemente and Carlsbad Beaches many years ago. Just get out and give it a try. You gotta go to get skunked, and you never catch anything (well fish that is) from the couch. You might check out the SCSF (So Cal Surf Fishing) web site, as they have lots of folks reporting up and down So Cal area. Good luck.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:19 pm
Ken Jones

If you are in the Malibu area check with Ginny at Wylie's Bait and Tackle. A lot of the regular perch fisherman get their bait from her and she usually knows where the fish are hitting at least as far as what's being reported.
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: