pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Penn 309 Levelwind Eccentric Lever problem [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:19 pm
fsutrav

I have an older Penn 309 Levelwind. It has the black side plates and needs some cleaning.

I unscrewed the screw that holds the Eccentric Lever to clean the lever and clean around that fitting.

Now, I cannot get the level to "catch". Its as if something inside the reel shifted and cannot get it to fit back together and for the level to grab as it should.

What can I do? I simply wanted to clear some corrosion off the posts and it would be good to go. It was smooth before I removed that screw. Please help. thanks
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:24 pm
mav

Sorry for the late answer, been busy... I havent taken one of those apart in a few years but the cylinder part that the lever attaches to may have turned too far because of the spring tension.. To correct this, flip the eccentric lever around and find the correct position balancing on the spring tension on the "sweet spot" so you can flip the lever around to the proper positioning and screw it in.. I can't remember if the cylinder part has to turn clockwise or counter clockwise, so you may have to disassemble the frame (remove the spool) to look in and see whats going on with the spring an cylinder part..

It's possible to do it blindly but if tou do it wrong and pop the spring out, you'll have to take the whole thing apart to get the spring back in..
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: