pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Daiwa customer support and service [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 am
tranbaby2

I bought a couple of Daiwa DXS salmon rods last fall and thought they were good rods for the price. About a month ago, while fishing for stripers, I made a cast with 3/4 oz hair raiser and for some strange reason the top portion of the two piece rod snapped right below the first guide. I normally use 1/2 - 1 oz lures with this rod with no problems and it is rated for 1/2-1 1/2 oz but somehow it still broke. Not just a crack but snapped in half. Needless to say I did not feel good about it and clueless as to why it happened. Regardless, I gave their customer service line a call and explained to them the situation. The lady on the other side was very courteous and helpful. She asked what model I had, when it was purchased and if I had a receipt. I gave her the information and that I would have to dig up the receipt. She said it is ok if I can't find the receipt since it's a newer model and to send it in with the model number as they would replace it free of charge. So a few weeks go by and I remember to send it in lol. Sent it certified which costed $6. After about 2-2.5 weeks I am wondering what happened since I did not get anything whether or no they received my package and was about to give them a follow-up call. The next day (yesterday), I come home to see a package. I only asked to have the top piece replaced which was the portion I sent in but instead they went ahead and shipped me a whole new rod. Now that's what I call good customer service and would like to thank the individuals at Daiwa for standing by their products and having made a bad experience for me into a good one. I will at the least have peace of mind when buying more Daiwa products if this is the type of service they provide.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:57 am
mav

Good to hear..
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:54 am
Mahigeer

I broke my 3' rod at the Mole, and they replaced it no questions asked.

Classy outfit.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: