pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Okuma CEDROS CJ 40 S Reel Parts [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:54 pm
steveo

Had some time waiting for medical parts to come off my machine so i decided to investigate the Internal gears on my Okuma CEDROS. This is the reel that died on me in Catalina last year.

After a mostly complete disassemble am pretty impressed with the construction of this reel. I've owned it for about 8 to 9 years and have abused the hell out of it catching Striper, Bonito, Macs, Pink Salmon, etc. it was my go to plugging reel. all those fish and all those years of use were what did this reel in.. The Main Drive Gear that mates with the pinion gear are pretty thrashed. Its an easy enough fix and hopefully not too expensive. Found a couple of sites that have some parts for it. but not one site that has all the parts needed. I hate to pay shipping charges on a couple of washers from one site and another shipping charge for the rest of the parts from another site.

Anyone know of a good site or person to contact that would have all replacement parts for a reasonable price?

mikesreelrepair.com has most of them if not all of the stuff i need. They are located in BC Canada.. but their prices are about 5 times more compared to sites in the US i have found

i still see this real on ebay for about $100 so if i can fix mine for 20 to 30 bucks... would be totally worth my time.

I know folks here don't care much for Okuma.. and may say its not worth fixing.. but its been one of my favorites and i would love to put it back into service.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:58 pm
mav

I don't know wherer to find Okuma parts but when I'm looking for reel parts, I sometimes check ebay, the brand customer service, or a tackle shop..
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:16 am
steveo

mav wrote:
I don't know wherer to find Okuma parts but when I'm looking for reel parts, I sometimes check ebay, the brand customer service, or a tackle shop..

That's exactly what i did.. looked on Ebay.. found a guy selling some Okuma parts.. the pinion gear says its for my reel .. lucky for me he had a phone number on his ebay add.. he's back east.. will keep ya posted if he can get parts.

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: