pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> The perch project [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:02 am
Trumbo

This thread is dedicated to the cooking of surf and sea perch. I was never a fan of this fish because of the texture and the wide variety of other gamefish available. These days perch may be the only game in town. And it doesn't look like things will get any better. I prepared this barred perch by filleting one half then sprinkling with chef meritos carne Asada seasoning and dredging in corn starch. I fried it longer then any other fish. It was delicious. No off texture at all. As good or better than the blue and black rockfish the party boats target. Please post your own recipes here so we all can enjoy a fish dinner.[url][/url]
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:38 pm
qchris87

I like to grill perch as you do to bake rainbow trout. De-scale and gut. slice white onions, tomatoes, and chop some cilantro. Salt and pepper generously and then stuff the cavity with the veggies. Sprinkle some extra virgin olive oil and lay the fish in a foil boat with lemon slices and whole cilantro as a bed. Then top the fish with more lemon and cilantro and drizzle a hint of olive oil on top and grill for 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness and size of perch. Usually works better with a grill that has a lid that way you dont need to turn them over.
Top of page
Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:31 am
muttfishr

Dude! All your sauce bottles are empty! "except for the sriracha"(way hot stuff, yum). Your fried perch looks like blackened blue gill, or my daughters attempt at boiling water!!! Ha,Ha,Ha, Sorry Brotha, couldn't help myself, it actually looks really good with maybe some curly frys or tater-tots, and a coleslaw. My personal favorite way to do perch is: Get a few of the boy's togeather, catch a bunch of perch, fillet'em, have someone make a good tomatoe salsa, and a sour cream/chili sauce, someone elce fry the taco shells, while I batter-up and deepfry the whole fillets, Fish Tacos Supreme! Oh, don't forget the guy who catches the least fish has to supply the beerskies! and we can drink a few tooo!...mutt.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:32 am
frozendog

The best prep I've had for my once a year perch: take the boneless, skinless filets and dip them in an egg wash; roll in panco; saute in a small amount of oil. Then prepare a butter, lemon, caper sauce and drizzle it over the perch.
One other prep that a friend told me about years ago, but I have never tried: take the boneless, skinless filets and cover with dry taco seasoning (in the little bags), saute in oil and use them in fish tacos.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:29 pm
muttfishr

Dude! that sounds soooo doo'able and tasty too, Im gonna have'to try that for my next fish taco feast! Good idea Brotha...mutt.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:40 pm
SLOFishing

Dude I need to catch myself a couple BSP and do this.
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: