pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Italian style crab [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:15 pm
charro

I was asked to post my recipie for Italian style crab. Happy to do so since it is quite easy.

Cook and clean your crab, pull apart the legs, claws and other edible parts.

Heat Olive oil over low medium heat (couple tablespoons), add thinly sliced garlic ( I used one fat clove, up to you), fry up until garlic is light golden, add about half cup of dry white wine, cook for about a minute over high heat, bring heat down to medium and add 1-2 ripe cored and quartered tomatoes (fresh if in season, canned if not), cook for a minute or two while stirring around ingredients, add the crab parts, salt and pepper and stir the crab around the sauce so it covers the crab parts. Turn off heat and add chopped fresh parsely, serve with lemon wedges if desired. I served mine with lots of fresh bread to soak up the juices, and a side salad. And oh yeah, more wine.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 pm
polishfromthedeep

Awesome simple recipe. Thanks for that. Wish we had dungees down here as shallow as you guys, we have to set pots in at least 150ft and usually more like 200-300.

How long do you simmer the crab for before you remove from heat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:32 am
jeremywang97

do you happen to cut the garlic like this (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhBfRDd6GM
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:22 pm
charro

polishfromthedeep wrote:
Awesome simple recipe. Thanks for that. Wish we had dungees down here as shallow as you guys, we have to set pots in at least 150ft and usually more like 200-300.

Simmer the crab just for a few minutes, I did about 3-4, to keep the sauce light. You don't want to miss out on the clean, fresh crab flavors.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:54 pm
charro

polishfromthedeep wrote:

Simmer the crab just for a few minutes, I did about 3-4, to keep the sauce light. You don't want to miss out on the clean, fresh crab flavors.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: