Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Good pier for Dungeness in the Bay Area? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:53 pm
kastmaster

Christafur wrote:
wondering if anybody's had good luck crabbing off the pier in the bay area... any advice is much appreciated. thanks in advance!

Right now your best bet are the docks in Half Moon bay. Look for signs of dungeness crab. Fresher and cheaper than Ranch 99 and you're supporting the local fishing fleet.

If you really want to fish for them, your BEST bet for limits is on a boat. But right now reports are slim to none from the commercial guys. Lots of undersize and females.

Now if you wanna waste your time and have a little fun hanging out, drop a couple hoopnets or traps at Pacifica but I will warn you, slim to no chance right now.

Wait until November and your chances will be a little higher of coming home with half limits.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:06 pm
grammar police

I didn't think you posted here anymore. Good info Kev.

kastmaster wrote:
Christafur wrote:
wondering if anybody's had good luck crabbing off the pier in the bay area... any advice is much appreciated. thanks in advance!

Right now your best bet are the docks in Half Moon bay. Look for signs of dungeness crab. Fresher and cheaper than Ranch 99 and you're supporting the local fishing fleet.

If you really want to fish for them, your BEST bet for limits is on a boat. But right now reports are slim to none from the commercial guys. Lots of undersize and females.

Now if you wanna waste your time and have a little fun hanging out, drop a couple hoopnets or traps at Pacifica but I will warn you, slim to no chance right now.

Wait until November and your chances will be a little higher of coming home with half limits.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:25 pm
Christafur

headbuffalo wrote:
Pier 7 is the ultimate place for crabs. please come take them all so i dont have to worry about my bait being stolen.

I agree. There are plenty of red/rock crabs on pier 7 and also 45. i rarely saw dungenous being caught (at least to my experience). It's illegal to take them from here anyway...
Secret bait is beef, yes... BEEF. Your net will be so heavy, you'll have hard time pulling up. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:27 pm
Christafur

kastmaster wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! I'll try my luck in november.

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 2 of 2  Page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: