pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
>> Name This Pier [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 am
MsCMSchultz

Location: BUIDB: "Thats a great shot of a pier from the beach."

[quote="Sofa King"]
CatchinKelp wrote:
He climbed under the pier with a 4ft ring net and scooped it.

If that is the case, that may have created another wrong: once he steps off the pier, he needs a fishing license.

Artist, GretchDragon
TY, Gretch!
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 pm
red fish

Glad that this post did not get taken down but was moved where discussion could still take place. I saw the one photo of the smaller fish before it went up and didn't realize upon observation that it was out of the slot-limit upon viewing. Echoing what ICA said.
We are mostly all anglers here on PFIC. Conservation is a big issue to ensure a sustainable fishery survives. I am sure most of us would like to continue to sturgeon fish and not have a moratorium as we had in our past.
Marty, I was wondering if more information could be offered as to how to properly release these fish (and perhaps still have some photographic evidence of the catch). For example, at Eckley Pier, you can land a fish at the bank and walk into to the water a few feet and take a picture of the fish still in the water as you remove the hook and set it free. If information was provided on what you should do from piers or even devices for removing the hook from a suspended situation, etc. that would be helpful .
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
Page 2 of 2  Page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: