pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Berkeley Pier Saturday June 7th [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:32 am
b33zG0NEfish.N

How long do you guys think this halibut run will be?
Ive gone out 3 times with 4 other ppl and we only caught 2 keepers so far (4-6 hour days).

Planning on coming out again but I think its getting slow?
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:43 pm
bassmanben

stripesidechaser wrote:
I was out Saturday, got one hali about 10:00 and another about 11:30. After that, I got one shaker during the afternoon and nada for the rest of the day. My butts were cookie cutter 23"ers.
Saw one guy hook up just as he was about to reel in to leave around 8:30 pm. Quite a fight as he was using a little trout setup. When they went to net it the butt took a dive and snapped his rod in half. Fortunately, the line didn't break and they got it in... 33" fat butt.
you must have been the guy near me with that big cart. i was fishing near the second cleaning station
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:50 pm
Sharkman20

I was out there all day friday and sunday and got nada to show for it. My gf caught one hali that came up an inch short on friday and I hooked onto one sunday that I got up to the base of the pier and then spit the hook out. Oh well. It was fun being out there anyway. I'll try to get out there again before the run is over, maybe I can get at least one keeper this year. lol.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:09 pm
calrat

Halibut run all the way through november. You just have to know where to target them.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:44 am
b33zG0NEfish.N

calrat wrote:
Halibut run all the way through november. You just have to know where to target them.

Sounds good.. I guess I will continue to go out then...Hopefully land something huge =D...
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 2 of 2  Page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: