pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Anybody been to Letts Lake- mendocino forest? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:09 am
bcooney

It is a small lake- never been before but plannign a trip for next weekend- lookign fro any tips on fishign it or just on the area in general-
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:09 am
bcooney

Well- I guess I am going to have to reply to myself since nobody seems to have been...and now that I have come back, I kind of know why. This is a teeny tiny lake- like smaller than Lafayette Resevoir. And you have to take a dirt road for part of the way there (not too bad but i wouldn't want to do it in the rain)- and the fishing was not too great- lots of small trout and bass, some eating sized trout, my son had a blast because it was pretty consistent action (we used our surf perch gear for the little ones after trying various trout lures and the 1.5" MORF worked the best of anything) You can swim in the lake and the water was really clear and pretty warm. The campsites were nice- ours was right on the lake, but a slight slope to sleep on. Each has a picnic bench and fire pit. There are 2 pit toilets and 2 water spigots for the whole place to share. (I think there are 35 campsites in the whole place) For a friday/saturday night in the summer the place was not crowded at all. If you have a 4x4 or dirt bike this was an awesome place to go back country trail riding and exploring.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:11 am
bcooney

oh yeah- PS- no motorized boats of any kind on the lake- so it was QUIET! (except for some dudes blaring Charlie Daniels Band when we got there the first night but they turned it off by 10pm)
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:23 pm
johnthefisherman69

I've heard of some stripers in lake mendocino before, nice ones, I wonder if you might be able to check that lake out on fishsniffer, I think I've seen it on there before. Is letts lake close to lake mendo? jtf..
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: