pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Size 50 surf rod guide. [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:10 pm
Rockfish Ninja

My "beater" 11ft surf rod took a dive and the first/largest guide shattered. Having a hell of a time finding a size-50 guide locally in the SF bay area. Not worth having someone do a repair job (which is what every shop wants to do, instead of selling me a repl guide.) Seems dumb to have to order one from Mudhole spply in florida, and Cabelas doesn't even stock size-50.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
R.N.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:13 pm
Baitchucker_

Check with Victor @ Califorinia Custom Rods (aka, Vic's Custom rods) in Martinez. He's got quite an extensive supply of rod building components. For me, if Vic doesn't have it, I just order it from Mudhole.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 pm
tackleholic

I have a daiwa surf rod with a size 50 guide that i bought already cracked. The rod was new except the ring of that guide was cracked, but i got the rod for $7 so since it was so cheap, i wanted an inexpensive guide. I picked up one of these hardloy guides from Hong Kong off ebay...it came in about a week. It seems decent quality for the price...havent put it on yet, doesnt match the other fuji hardloys, but i dont care...it will be a beater rock rod anyways.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Pcs-50-Vintage-Oval-Fishing-Rod-Guides-Tip-Repair-Kit-Big-Rod-Rings-/280856445165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41645940ed

You may not want this if you have a high end rod, in which case, call your local rod shops that carry name brand rod building components.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm
Rockfish Ninja

Thanks for the info guys, left mess w/Vic, hopefully have "the Beater" back up & running soon.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: