pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
>> Input requested for Peters Landing in Huntington Harbor [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:38 pm
BigJoe

I just talked to the Coastal Commission and they are trying to enforce conditions of the 1979 permit that was also included in a 1999 permit for the development of Peters Landing that was never completed.

As part of the permit to build Peters Landing the Coastal Commission provided these conditions:
a) sixteen additional on-site parking spaces, or appropriate reduction of space: e.g., footage;
b) two public fishing piers located at the westerly and easterly ends of the boat slips;
c) gangplank access to the fishing piers from the dedicated public access way located immediately adjacent to the bulkhead on the adjoining development to the south;
d) sign at each access gangplank for notifying public of access to public fishing piers;
and e) and change of use, alterations, or modifications in the future will require a Coastal permit from the Commission or its successor in kind .

Apparently the parking spaces were supposed to be for public access and the fishing piers were also to allow the public an area to access fishing in that area for the public but the development never created them. The Coastal Commission Enforcement Division is now attempting to make them comply with these conditions.

They are looking for people familiar with that area that would provide input on how the marina would be able to comply with these provisions that would be in the public's best interest. Send me a PM if you have knowledge of this area and would be willing to provide input to the Coastal Commission...
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: