pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
>> DFG Wardens "Exposť" [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:59 am
kelpangler

So I was zipping through the web last night (checking out some Zodiac inflatables!) when my search brought me across a couple documents on californiagameandfishwardens.com. The quote from their site says:

"A riveting expose of the inner workings of the department of fish and game and the Thin Green Line of Game Wardens that protect our natural resources, environment and very way of life through homeland security activities. If this doesn't make you write a letter to the State of California Legislature, nothing will."

Updated
http://www.californiafishandgamewardens.com/docs/ExposeUpdate2007Standard.pdf

Original
http://www.californiafishandgamewardens.com/docs/WardenExposeFInalStandard.pdf

Oi, we know how woefully understaffed they are but this really gives you perspective by providing some numbers.
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:59 pm
riorust

Woefully understaffed and woefully underpaid. 192 wardens for the entire state...I've seen more security at the mall!
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:33 am
illcatchanything2

Pretty shocking stuff. I cant believe how little they earn. No wonder they have a problem recruiting.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:05 am
red fish

illcatchanything2 wrote:
Pretty shocking stuff. I cant believe how little they earn. No wonder they have a problem recruiting.
Brian, it is the lowest paying of what is considered "law enforcement" but is equivalent to some basic county jobs. I considered CHP at one time, because I used to like to drive fast, so why not get paid well for it (very dangerous though). Smile The cutoff age for that is (32) and I almost signed up for that a few years back. Baitfish and I considered warden, but baitfish considered the risk for him wasn't worth the pay off. I would have to get corrective eye surgery, and, well, you usually don't have to fight with people as a county worker Smile. As someone that considers himself a natural outdoorsman, getting paid to hunt and fish is "almost" worth working for free. Actually, best case scenario would be a DFG biologist; they make more, and usually don't get shot at (need a few more college Biology units for that). Smile.
Quote:
While we're at it, let's raise base teachers' salaries too that are right in there at the basic warden pay, shall we? And, be mindful the next time someone willfully breaks a F&G law, the warden just may be having a bad day from being "underpaid" and take his frustrations out on you with that beat up old 9mm semi Wink ::JKing::
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:31 pm
gordo grande

thanks for posting this Eugene.
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: