pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
>> Changes in works for ocean bass regs [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:42 am
pierhead

Quote:
The Santa Barbara Independent reported Saturday that state Fish and Game officials who met in Santa Barbara last Wednesday agreed that new regulations were needed for those fisheries to prevent further decline.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jan/23/changes-works-ocean-bass-regs/

And these are species not fished commercially? So how to explain the decline - was is just recreational fishing pressure? Or is there another explanation?

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if halibut were not the next target. In SoCal the limit is 5 per day. At the height of the season last year I doubt that even 5 legals were caught in a month at Goleta let alone in a day.
Top of page
Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 am
illcatchanything2

Gotta love DFG sometimes.........

They want to tighten restrictions on some species of Bass, while at the same time changing regs to ensure that other Bass are wiped out.... The only words that come to mind are ones that if I posted them I would have to delete my own post..........

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: