pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Garlic chip fish [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:04 pm
frozendog

Nothing new, just basic fish cooking. A combination of sauteed garlic and French style fish cookery. The French like to saute their fish in oil and then finish it off with butter or take the fish out of the pan and make a butter sauce in the pan.

1. Thinly slice garlic - very thin. I use a glove for each fillet.
2. Season your fish for about an hour before you cook it. Salt and pepper and some Chef Paul Seafood seasoning. It's important to season the fish fillets, not just the coating.
3. Make an egg wash - beaten egg and water. On another plate or in a zip lock bag, mix together Italian bread crumbs, some panko bread crumbs and dried Parmesan cheese (the canned stuff). You can use whatever coating you like. This is what we like. Also, sometimes I will double dip the fish for extra crispiness.

4. In large frying pan, heat just enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan on a medium flame. Add the garlic and slowly saute - don't burn.
5. Increase the heat and add the coated fish. It only takes about 3 minutes, then flip the fish. Make sure the garlic is not burning. You want chips.
6. Flip and cook about three minutes at most, depending on how thick your fillets are. Add a pat or two of butter after you flip the fish. This makes a nice garlic butter sauce that you can pour over the fish. When the fish is done, it should be light brown with nutty garlic chips all over the fish. Like this..

7. Enjoy.

Easy, but a little different. My wife likes to put a sweet pepper and onion relish on hers. I like it as is. This is not really a recipe, just a technique. Substitute whatever you like or have.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:28 pm
Sharkman20

That looks awesome. Definitely going to try that one.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: