pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Help with Photobucket website. [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:54 pm
Mahigeer

I have been using Photobucket website for some time now to upload pictures for my posts. Occasionally they change the format and I have to re-learn it again.

My latest problem has been that even though I checked off the picture size as 17 (one of the options), some of my pictures are uploaded in the smaller size.

I can resize them individually, but it is time consuming when I have a lot of pictures. After all computer is supposed to speed things up and not slow the process.

I mostly use my Olympus Stylus Tough 6000, so is there a setting that I should do with the camera?

My Canon Sure Shot used to automatically transfer pictures in the 17 if memory serves, but it is not waterproof and little bulkier than the Olympus. That is why I do not use it all the time.

If you have a solution, I would appreciate it.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:32 pm
FishingNoob

Hi Mahigeer

I'm not sure what you mean by 17". 17" doesn't really mean anything, is it at 72 pixels/inch, 100, 150, 300... you get the idea. Normally, you would choose the image size by pixels.. ex: 1024x768
Here's a link to Photobucket's help page.
http://support.photobucket.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7

It looks like there are 2 types of accounts, pro and free. Which type are you using? If free, you would choose the size that you want and they will resize them for you. Most sites allow you to upload your original images and then they will create smaller sizes for you to link to.

On your camera, I would always choose the largest file size. This will allow you to make the best enlargement from the image.
For posting on this site, 800x600 is probably good enough but I always enjoy larger images myself. Just choose the size you want when uploading and you should be fine.
Hope I've been of some help.(I'm not familiar with Photobucket as I use pbase and zenfolio)

I just looked up the specs on your camera:
Number of Recorded Pixels 10MP (3648 x 2,736)
5MP (2,560 x 1,920)
3MP (2,048 x 1,536)
2MP (1,600 x 1,200)
1MP (1,280 x 960)
VGA (640 x 480)
16:9 (1,920 x 1,080)

So the 10mp(3648 x 2736) is your largest file size. I have a Fujifilm f550 that actually gives me a really lousy image at full size so I have it set for the next size smaller and the images are pretty nice with that setting. You'll have to test to see which setting gives you the best image on yours if you care about image quality.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:28 pm
Mahigeer

Thanks for the reply.

When I have to make the pictures to the size I want, I do choose the 1024X768. That works fine.

However, before getting the IMG code for posting, there is a 17 size (maybe for a 17 monitor) that is already indicated. It also provides the option to change it. I have chosen the 17 and yet the pictures get uploaded with smaller pixels.

You are right about the bigger pictures are not as clear, But I like to see one picture at the time on the monitor.

However, if ever that presents a problem for the PFIC site, I will reduce it if asked.

Thanks again for your help. I will check the support link.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: