pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> EPIC Alaska Fishing Trip aka Fish Market -- LOTS of PICTURES [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 pm
Ken Jones

The rules really haven't changed much over the years and they are rarely even noticed except when people make a big issue of them. Unfortunately there are some who prefer to cause problems for whatever reason rather than just sticking to fishing.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 pm
tokyo_tad

Ken and Moderators,

I've taken all my pics offline. I simply wanted to protect the identify of my fishing buddies who aren't even on PFIC. I was trying to add value to PFIC but at the same time, I don't mean to cause trouble.

PLEASE DELETE THIS POST.

I apologize to anyone if my edited pics caused heartache. It won't happen again.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:24 pm
dsch2251

Thanks for the great pics Tad, I hope you would reconsider pulling all of them off.
Thanks for trying Ken, I understand that when you post a rule, you are sort of bound to enforce it, even if it does not violate the spirit of the rule.

Really? People? C'mon! Dont we just like fishing here?
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 pm
FishingNoob

All i can say is..WOW, what a great trip! It's good to see that the fish are so abundant in Alaska.

It's a shame that the post will soon be deleted...I'm just glad that I had a chance to see it.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 am
surfsamurai

tokyo_tad wrote:
Ken and Moderators,

I've taken all my pics offline. I simply wanted to protect the identify of my fishing buddies who aren't even on PFIC. I was trying to add value to PFIC but at the same time, I don't mean to cause trouble.

PLEASE DELETE THIS POST.

I apologize to anyone if my edited pics caused heartache. It won't happen again.

WOW. I just couldn't take in the news of the complain it totally came out of left field... REALLY?

I know Tad. I know him very well in fact... Tad does appreciates just about everything on PFIC including anglers, people, friends, informative tips, generosity, teaching, learning, sharing and FISHING REPORT... the whole nine yards.

Tad genuinely appreciates PFIC. Therefore, he wanted to contribute to the real fishing community period.

The main reason I decide NOT to participate on other fishing website (will not name it... but I'm sure some of y'all would know) was because of its forum became a fishing philosophy site like there's no tomorrow. You can't post a $hit if you're even thinking about Taco bell in Linda Mar or turn your head towards Mori's point... WTF? If you cruise up and down from Cliff House to Montara beach (MLPA now on some parts) or squad up on Mussel rock parking lot to bull$hit with the regulars to radar the baits... You'll figure it out in no time whereabouts on a school(s) of Morone saxatilis are... It's not phuqing CIA top secret where the fishing report was generated or is it? There's a fine line between straight blowing up and burning the spot stupidity and doing a protective fishing report with a touch of common sense like piemel said.

So there's no REAL fishing report there period. But PFIC does have it all... the real people hook up to wet a line together on the piers, rocks, surf, islands, overseas, kayaks, boats, Mori's point and Alaska in the name of FISHING. And there's a REAL fishing report to share to repay and contribute... and you don't want it? Because Tad had some of his friend's were blurred up to protect their identity? They are not even a member of PFIC...

If you look at the posted pictures, Tokyo Tad and fishingdude, Keith's (both PFIC members) straight up facial snap shots are right there on THE SAME PICTURES where Tad and I posted. That's not good enough? And you don't want the report? BTW, he wrote the report as soon as he flew out to Tokyo right after the fishing trip (after he flew from the middle of nowhere in Alaska to Anchorage to San Francisco to Tokyo, that's like 24 hours of flying on 1 prop to jammed up commercial coach class)...

WOW.

Tell me how many of you guys really want to complain on selectively chosen face blurred ups for non-PFICers, and do NOT want to see the EPIC, yet humble report?

REALLY?

Well... Delete the damn post like Tad said.

I quit.

BTW, you know I'm NOT saying all this to you, skipper... but to whomever complains about the blurred pictures of non-PFIC'ers on the report... I know you know but I just wanted to make sure. I also deleted the pictures per your request, Ken. FYI, V and I will still be volunteering at Seacliff Pier kid's event tho...

Note to myself: TiVo the SC vs Minnesota and Fresno vs Cal game then go camping & fishing with Sin Coast and my family all weekend... And NO PHUQING REPORT ESPECIALLY V'S PICTURES. I QUIT.

This sounds good now...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:44 am
Ken Jones

Thanks Tad!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:51 pm
muttfishr

Tad!!! My Boy!!! All the soap opera drama aside, You really are a LUCKY DOG! what a trip! Man, I'd love to do that some day! You live a blessed life my friend, make sure to take the time to cherish it! those memories are what makes life worth living!...mutt.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:14 pm
kelpangler

surfsamurai, no reason to start cussing like a sailor, yeah? That just puts Ken in an even tougher spot. The rules are the rules and he's gonna try to enforce them equally.

Even though the changes were made I still see boatloads of fish. Heckuva report!

And don't take your ball and go home... we like V's pics. Sad
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:17 pm
bigunindaboat

kelpangler wrote:
surfsamurai, no reason to start cussing like a sailor, yeah? That just puts Ken in an even tougher spot. The rules are the rules and he's gonna try to enforce them equally.

Even though the changes were made I still see boatloads of fish. Heckuva report!

And don't take your ball and go home... we like V's pics. Sad

It just sucks when its the same person being a dick time after time, trying to drag the board, and it members into a flame war.

Just toss out the bad apples.

I've seen multiple users lately with obvious and not so obvious names, trolling this board hard.

Not sure if the mods are too old to pick up on it, or don't care.

Just being honest, as I'm pretty put off by the way this too was handled

BUIDB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:33 pm
kelpangler

bigunindaboat wrote:
Just being honest, as I'm pretty put off by the way this too was handled
I guess I'm missing something here, some squabbling between members apparently. Well, I have no doubt tokyo_tad was only trying to protect the privacy of his friends, but them's the rules: "Do not simply erase facial images; such pictures will be removed." And in the end the post was fixed, right? Like I mentioned earlier, it's still a great report! So how else could it have been handled better?

Sorry, but sometimes I just get frustrated for Ken (and Brian) who has the thankless task of trying to manage everyone's Internet feelings, friends and foes alike.
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 2 of 2  Page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: