Location: In the loving grip of Mr. Congeniality.
|Didn't someone just post on this or a similar topic? or am I once again doing too much late nite surfing the net?
I recall reading within the last month a post wherein the author explained how his father had taught him to hold up all dressed fish to a good strong light to examine the flesh for parasites. Maybe it was fishsniffer.com?
And that is what I now do--hold all the cleaned fish to the light--all of those things that look like pimples, blood spots, tiny veins--if you take a pair of fine tweezers and poke at them (kinda gross, but i kinda like gross), the worms kinda spurt out like that creature in "Alien" (yeah, i know, i am dating myself).
As soon as those parasites are released, they immediately start thrashing around, seeking a host. One of them got itself entwined around the sieve for the kitchen sink drain. Just for my own curiosity, I kept a few in a dish in the sink to see how long they would last. They were active from about 1500 til i went to bed around 2200. By the morning, they were quite dead.
The problem now is whenever I see something long and threadlike around the kitchen sink, i freak out thinking it's a parasite, when it's actually a hair, vegetable matter, etc.
But the reality is, most of the food you consume has parasites, you are just not at the slaughterhouses/processing facility to see what comes crawling out of your meat/fruit/veggies.
I apologize in advance if you deem anything offensive, unprofessional or sarcastic. To that end, the following is available for censoring: 6!+[4 (18 times), $5!+ (31 times), @$$ (252 times), 3v[} (2 times), 9066@^^ ^ (2 times), and g1$$ (46 times).