pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Driving South on the 101 - need a halibut hunting Area [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 am
la mosca

Hello my fellow PFIC'ers!

I am going to be driving south on the 101 at the end of this month and was wondering if any of you can either reply or send me a PM, regarding any place you think some halis may be hanging about.
Yes, I have all the gear ready to go, and I'm licensed to fish Very Happy, so I can hit the surf as well.

I have fished Goleta before, but only fished the pier. The South end of the beach seemed "fishy" but didn't have time to cast out.

I was thinking the stretch of the 101 that is pretty close to the Ocean: Gaviota and the Ellwood Mesa/Sperling Preserve Open Space all the way down to Northern Oxnard (Pierpoint Bay) (maybe even Avila to Pismo State Beach?). I know this is a great span of land, but looking for something easily accessible since we will be limited on time, and want to fish as much as possible. Possibly a stretch of beach that can be fished for a good four hours w/out too much people (casting where kids are playing or surfers landing is a headache and dangerous, knowing it's summer, I know this may be a hard task).

Thanks in advanced for your responses.

Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:48 pm
Sin_Coast

"licensed to fish" !!!! Dude, I'm gonna copy that!
Good luck on the socal trip. Hope you get a chance to catch some fish. And maybe meet some of our socal brethren too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 pm
Salvelinus

i cant point you too far but i can say i would bother fishing the avila-pismo stretch. if your driving farther south there will definitely be better options, i would personally try down near carpenteria, maybe by rincon
good luck
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: