pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
>> PFIC Fishing Club #4 San Francisco Piers & Peninsula [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:05 pm
gomester1

I will send everybody a pm. I will check tides and see what looks better; Friday night or Saturday morning.

I have igorkl, tsang151, crass, efooo, flipback1976.
If I am missing anybody, let me know.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:14 pm
gomester1

Ok, I cannot figure out how to send PM to multiple people on this board so I think it would be much easier if we all had each other's email addresses.
If you would not mind, send me your email to make communicating much easier on a global level.

You can send me your email via PM.

For this Friday or Saturday at Brisbane (Sierra Point), it shows friday night a low at 6pm of about 1.0 and 6.6 at 12:20 am.
Saturday has low of 0.7 at 6:45 am and high of 6.0 at 12:45 pm.
So.......we can do the incoming Friday evening or the incoming Saturday mid-morning.
Let me know what works better for you guys and send me a PM with your email if you do not mind.

Thanks,
Tim
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:55 am
gomester1

gomester1 wrote:
Ok, I cannot figure out how to send PM to multiple people on this board so I think it would be much easier if we all had each other's email addresses.
If you would not mind, send me your email to make communicating much easier on a global level.

You can send me your email via PM.

For this Friday or Saturday at Brisbane (Sierra Point), it shows friday night a low at 6pm of about 1.0 and 6.6 at 12:20 am.
Saturday has low of 0.7 at 6:45 am and high of 6.0 at 12:45 pm.
So.......we can do the incoming Friday evening or the incoming Saturday mid-morning.
Let me know what works better for you guys and send me a PM with your email if you do not mind.

Thanks,
Tim

I should have clarified. I was talking about next friday or saturday not this friday or saturday. Meaning april 1st or 2nd.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 pm
bahlmann

Hi Everyone,

I'm in!

We just had our 2nd kid in January, so my fishing days are few and far between these days, but I would really appreciate a chance to get out with some of the locals...

I'm over in redwood city... often over by the san mateo bridge whenever i can get a chance...

Let me know if there's a get-together, or if anyone wants to get out one of these days!

--Brent
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:22 pm
gomester1

Brent,
PM me your email. I am trying to get an email list together to make communication a little bit easier. By the way, we are thinking of a get-together either this friday night or saturday morning at Brisbane (Sierra Point) Pier.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:36 pm
CRASS

this is lookin good! personally, id like to get there atbthe low with time to set up and start havin bait soaked when the tide is about to change.. but thats just me.

is somebody has wire leader & crimps, ill toss in some hooks for rigs for the crew.. ive got some humboldt goodies for bait(bout a half gal bag o chunker strips), but if somebody wants to grab some shark crack, thatd be good too

كافر
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:05 am
gomester1

All right guys. It is official. We are meeting up at Brisbane (Sierra Point) Pier at 6pm (or whenever everybody gets there). Crass and myself will be there close to 6:00. Dress warm and bring whatever you want to barbeque. I will have the grill and the stove for hot coffee and chocolate if anybody wants.

PM me your email if you have not already.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:06 pm
gomester1

Evite sent to all that have given me their email address for this Friday.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:29 am
CRASS

sweet. i might bring some St. Brendans ive been stashin for the hot cocoa if anyone is interested.. haha, if i can convince my girl to show up at some point ill probably have plenty of beer, too, if anyones interested.

haha, if no one wants beer, tell me now so i dont show up with like an 18 or a 30 if ill be the only one Razz

anything alybody need i might have on hand as far as fishin stuff goes? like i said, i got hella hooks at least.

كافر
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:14 am
thefrood

6pm friday or 6pm Sat? Sorry, need to do some research. Anyone know if this is a dog friendly pier, how long you will be there, and what to rig for? May come by later than 6 (doubt I could get there before 7).

*** I'm back in Riverside County now. Anyone around up for some fishing? What about So Cal beaches?
Top of page
Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:44 pm
gomester1

CRASS wrote:
sweet. i might bring some St. Brendans ive been stashin for the hot cocoa if anyone is interested.. haha, if i can convince my girl to show up at some point ill probably have plenty of beer, too, if anyones interested.

haha, if no one wants beer, tell me now so i dont show up with like an 18 or a 30 if ill be the only one Razz

anything alybody need i might have on hand as far as fishin stuff goes? like i said, i got hella hooks at least.

St. Brendan's would be fine. I may have a few but I don't drink quite as much as I used to.
I am set for tackle but any fisherman should have the stuff to get them out on the water Smile. I have plenty of leaders though.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:46 pm
gomester1

thefrood wrote:
6pm friday or 6pm Sat? Sorry, need to do some research. Anyone know if this is a dog friendly pier, how long you will be there, and what to rig for? May come by later than 6 (doubt I could get there before 7).

6pm on Friday. If you want to pm me your email, I have an email list together on evite. That way everybody can see the latest status on who is coming, who is bringing what, etc.
As far as dog friendly, I really do not know. I have never seen any dogs out there.
I would only be concerned with the dog with stray hooks and such. After all, it is a pier.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:51 pm
CRASS

if you did bring out the pup, id suggest havin somethin for it to hang out in, or a little jacket or somethin, coz it can get WINDY out there!

As far as what to use, Im gonna bring my 7' MH Ugly Stik Tiger with my 209 on it, and my 6'6" Penn Longbeach with the 310gti on it.. im goin after sharks and rays.

isnt perch closed in the bay now, too?

كافر
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:46 pm
gomester1

Sorry, I completely spaced out on the rigging, lol.

Yeah, I am bringing a 12ft daiwa emblem and 10 ft old arse sturdy stick in medium heavy action as well as my 9 ft lamiglas to try and get some bullheads or something for live bait just in case I do not get any with my trap first. Either that or maybe some jacksmelt if there are any around or a sabiki for any chovies (crossing fingers, know probably too early in the season but you gotta be prepared for it all). Once nightfall hits, the lamiglass will go back to the car and just the 10 and 12ft for the sharks and rays.

3-5 oz sinkers depending on tide, 5/0 - 7/0 bait hooks with steel leader on a sliding rig. I do not like hi-lows for the sharks. I have seen too many times people trying to untangle when they do their death roll (even the little ones) with that second hook down below.

And yes, the forecast is currently showing very windy at about 25mph with gusts to 45mph. Fingers crossed once again that it changes as it gets closer to Friday.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:24 pm
CRASS

agreed on the wind AND the rigs. Hi-Lo's still get attacked by crabs for me, and they just tangle more for sharks. if you wanna target two different depths, youre better off with a sliding sinker on one rod and a trolley on another.

كافر
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
Page 2 of 7  Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to: