pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
>> PFIC Fishing Club #3 Monterey CG Pier & Peninsula [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:49 am
Sin_Coast

Yeah, anybody is welcome to show up & fish. It's pretty unorganized....
I forgot to bring my fishing gear to work w/me. So I'm probably not going to fish today. If so, I'll just hit Marina beach w/my son because it's closer to home. Good luck to anybody who goes out today...I heard the butts are moving into the shallows, so sling those fishtraps!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:45 pm
dsch2251

Oh, man. Wednesdays just dont seem to be working for me lately. That stinks, because the weather is absolutely perfect today here in Sand City. I would love to target some 'buts out there too, thanks for the info Pat!
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:23 am
muttfishr

What? no minutes? no meeting? Boy, weather gets nice and everyone gets busy, I'll be over there this weekend, call me if ya have time and wanna wet a line,(559)331-2098...mutt.
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:40 am
la mosca

Nope couldn't get out yesterday, as it appears no one else could either...hopefully next week. Sorry mutt, won't be able to join you this weekend, have a good time!
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:30 am
Sin_Coast

Worst part is yesterday while driving home, the water was FLAT and I saw a handful of boats out there too. This morning it was so flat, I could see the reflection of PG inside the bay! Mutt you timed it right! Hope you get some nice fish this wknd.
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:53 pm
muttfishr

Thanks Guys, hope to be able to post a productive report come monday, and I wish ya-all the best in your endevers...mutt.
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 am
la mosca

Will be fishing today (5/25/11) at Tioga at around 5pm. Company welcomed.

Mosca

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:12 pm
la mosca

la mosca wrote:
Will be fishing today (5/25/11) at Tioga at around 5pm. Company welcomed.

Mosca

Well, I hadn't checked the weather before I posted this, and after I did, the rain started. It's a light rain, but it will drench you out there if out for more than 1hr. I didn't come prepared for the rain, so I will probably end up fishing Marina State Beach or Ft. Ord Dunes SB, after I go home and get the proper rain gear.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 am
Sin_Coast

I'm gonna hit Marina beach at 6pm today if the wind is still down. Saw some guys in the parking lot w/limits of stripers last night on my way to dinner.
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:10 pm
Spinemanipulator

I would like to join one of these surf/beach get togethers sometimes on a weekday evening. Do I need waders? Wednesdays and thursdays are good for me usually. Feel free to pm me. I'm very new to surf fishing and would like to learn more tips from others. I have waders if needed.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 am
Sin_Coast

Yeah Stan, you're definitely welcome to join us @ the beach!
Waders aren't necessary--you could get by with simple rubber boots. Because we never wade deeper than our knees anyways (too dangerous at beaches that are mid-bay w/bigger waves, currents, etc). But waders keep you warm on those cold windy afternoons. I bring my waders and rubber boots = if it's nice I just wear the rubber boots and tuck my pants into the boots. If it's cold, I put on my waders.
Unlike shore rockfishing, you don't need to bring much gear. If I'm targeting stripers, I'll just bring 2 lures. If I might target perch too, I'll bring a small (5x4") box w/a couple sinkers, swivels, hooks, and grubs. In most cases, I don't even need a backpack. Which is good, because you want to be mobile and keep moving down the beach while casting.
I'm not sure if we are fishing tomorrow--gotta check the forecast & tides. But I'd like to fish if it isn't windy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:00 pm
Sin_Coast

We fishing today? I'm gonna hit Tioga for stripers @ 530.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 pm
la mosca

Sin_Coast wrote:
We fishing today? I'm gonna hit Tioga for stripers @ 530.

See you There!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:29 pm
dsch2251

Go get 'em guys. I just cant seem to get free on a Wednesday. Sound like stripers are around. Im rooting for you!
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 am
Russ

Hey boys, just wanted to let ya know that my May "time-out" lol, due to work, is now over. I should be able to make it out a couple times this month.

Just picked up a new 12 foot Penn Power Stick Surf rod and put my Okuma 65a on it.. Man, this pole is like 30% lighter than my first surf cast rod. I should be able to fling this thing ALL day. I was able to on my Big 5 special too, but it killed me at the end of the day.

Picked up a Lucky Craft lure and a bomber that I want to test out on the beach to see if I can entice a hali or striper. Haven't taken either of those out of the ocean yet. Lets talk!
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
Page 7 of 12  Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to: