pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
>> PFIC Fishing Club #3 Monterey CG Pier & Peninsula [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 pm
Russ

Sweet!. Just finished putting all the gear in my car. Be leaving in about 4 hours or so to arrive at sunrise!
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:53 pm
fishfinder831

last minute skiff trip guys anyone interested for tomorrow 07/15 out of capitola..... can use a third person to split cost
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:18 pm
muttfishr

To all you awsome monterey area dudes, Im thinking up a plan for the next GTG. Im thinking about a Big Sur campground home base/assembly area, then the crews can spread out along the coast and fish for a tourniment (of sorts) then all meet back up at the campground for an all out tri-tip BBQ with all the trimmings, pot-luck style. If we have 30 contestants and charge 15$ apiece thats 450$ that could buy a nice prize for the winner (say a 12ft ugly stik-n-reel) and the meat, maybe 7 or 8 tri-tips. Have the GTG in april maybe so the ling season is open. So what-cha all think? sound do-able? Let me know...mutt.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:55 pm
Sin_Coast

Sounds like a cool idea. Start planning now though because there aren't many campgrounds in BS and they are usually reserved 6-8 months in advance. I would suggest either Andrew Molera, Kirk Creek, or Plaskett Creek. There are a couple group sites at Plaskett that would work too.

Russ I didn't find ya on the beach on 7/13. Hope you did better than me & Damian though. I fished Tioga st near the rockwall but no luck. And every person I walked up to and asked "Hey are you Russ?" gave me weird looks hahaha. Hopefully next time we'll get together and catch some fish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 pm
mandre800

Has anyone been fishing in the Monterey Area recently??
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:39 am
ucscrab

would anyone like to go fishing sometime soon?
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:06 pm
Sin_Coast

I have a chance to fish after work Wed. I get off work @ 5 and it gets dark at like 5:30 next week, so we'll see. Maybe hit the beach with a headlamp or checkout the wharf for rays. Will know next week.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:18 pm
Sin_Coast

Edit: I'm fishing tomorrow afternoon because I have a chance to leave work earlier than normal. Low tide @ 3:15pm isn't the best. And the swell is still big. But I'll give it a try. Send me a msg or reply if you want to go too.
PK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:47 pm
mandre800

Do you have any plans for Thurs or Fri??
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:10 pm
muttfishr

Yo, SC, What ever happened to the CGP since they put that fence up? Anybody been fishing it? And, did someone catch a WSB there? Just curious, mutt.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:56 pm
Sin_Coast

I decided to fish a protected spot toward Big Sur instead of surf fish for perch/stripers today. The swell is up and the wind was chilly--it reminded me of what winter felt like. Caught a black & yellow and a nice red cabezon today. Got the b&y on sardine and the cab on a fishtrap. I was pretty proud of myself today--it was an awesome fight...I thought it was gonna be a HUGE cab or a big lingcod, but it just turned out to be a fiesty 21" male.
Mutt, I've walked the CGJ a few times recently but haven't seen many people fishing. That damn fence is such a hindrance to casting...especially for a 4 year-old )-:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:22 pm
dsch2251

You got a 21" red cab?! On a fish trap?! Today?!!!!
Trifecta!
Im proud of you too!! Nice fishing!
I hope we can fish together soon, Pat. Nice Job!

I have visited the CGJ a few times on my lunch break recently. Fewer fishermen than before the fence. There is a particular group that fishes there midday that threatened my life when I mentioned that the cab in their bucket might be a bit shy of the minimum. I dont stop anymore when I see them, therefore, few reports from me.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:33 pm
ucscrab

dsch2251 wrote:
You got a 21" red cab?! On a fish trap?! Today?!!!!
Trifecta!
Im proud of you too!! Nice fishing!
I hope we can fish together soon, Pat. Nice Job!

I have visited the CGJ a few times on my lunch break recently. Fewer fishermen than before the fence. There is a particular group that fishes there midday that threatened my life when I mentioned that the cab in their bucket might be a bit shy of the minimum. I dont stop anymore when I see them, therefore, few reports from me.

I hope they didn't really threaten your life over a fish...
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:01 pm
Sin_Coast

Caught on 9ft Lami w/Penn Slammer 460 using 14lb Yozuri Hybrid w/sardine-colored Fish Trap on a 1oz head. I was just casting into channels in the kelp then slow-rolling it back. With a couple short hops every 3 or 4 cranks. I caught this cab on the 3rd cast then got snagged & broke my line after about 6 more casts lol. I also donated a chartreuse Fishbone to snagcity before calling it a day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 pm
muttfishr

Thanks for the reply Guys, that IS a nice cabbie bro, sorry to hear about your insadent dave, next time you run into the local warden ask for a contact card from him, and tell him what happened, it ain't tattling or squeeling ITS PUTTING SH!! RIGHT! Good for you bro, be careful out there!...mutt. PS hope to get out there soon,,,See Ya!
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
Page 9 of 13  Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to: