pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
>> PFIC Fishing Club #1 Berkeley Pier & East Bay [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 am
MsCMSchultz

Location: BUIDB: "Thats a great shot of a pier from the beach."

Were u all at hs lordships last nite? how'd it go? and y not crabs at baker beach on saturday?

will u all b fishing at bp sat AND sun?

Artist, GretchDragon
TY, Gretch!
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 am
Sofa King

illcatchanything2 wrote:
Looks like Berkeley Pier Again this Saturday. We will grab some live chovies from K dock around 5am & head down the pier. Somewhere from the 3rd sink to the end. Will have the usual Dogs & burgers on the grill. Anyone who is heading out to BP this Saturday stop by & have a dog or a bruger. We always have plenty of room at the rail as well.

I'm rollin' out in about 20min. I gots some hotdogs and a small grill. Hope to see some of you fellow PFIC members. Stop by and say hi.

Early to bed, Early to rise, fish all day, make up lies
<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 am
illcatchanything2

Its looking like Thursday Evening this week for the Sha/Ray fun in the Berkeley Marina(06/23/2011).....

Will arrive around 6-6:30pm & fish until 9:30 or so. Stop by if you can....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:42 pm
Funfisher

Count me on this fishing club Very Happy
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:03 am
illcatchanything2

Funfisher wrote:
Count me on this fishing club Very Happy

Cool. We should be getting back to our normal schedule this weekend or next. Summer changes things a bit with kids, vacations etc. Keep checking the thread for info on when we will be out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 am
illcatchanything2

We are going to try & get out Wednesday evening 6:30ish to 9-9:30pm in the parking lot of Hs. Lordships. If we can get more than a couple of us out we will have Hot Dogs on the grill while we fish. Anyone who wants to join, come on out (shoot me a pm so I will know whether or not to bring the dogs).

Also, please try & come help out at the Kids Derby on Saturday 8/6/11 at Berkeley Pier. This derby is on our "turf"..... We can use your help rigging, recording fish caught & generally helping out the kids. If you can not make it to the derby, we are still in need of a few donations of food (we are providing lunch for the kids) and gear. PM SofaKing or Myself for details.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 am
bigrich

Went fishing with redfish and got out for our ritual Wednesday evening fishing club get-together at the Berkeley Marina shoreline. ICA and others could not make it. This hasn't been the most productive year for our shark and ray get-togethers with the excessive rain and cold weather this season with us averaging only a fish or two for most of our group in past visits. With the Indian Summer here and finally some good hot weather, red and I figured the raised temperatures reaching the mid 70's in the evenings could only help the bite. Although the bite never took off full-blast, red was able to get a leopard shark of 37&1/2" and I was able to get a decent batray for our efforts. We fished the middle of the incoming tide to about an hour before it topped leaving around midnight. We fished leftovers: a little squid, some salmon bellies, midshipmen, and sardines. The fish seemed to like the dines on our menu. Traditional sliding, wire sturgeon rigs with kahle-type hooks were utilized.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:13 am
bigrich

Went fishing with red for our weekly get-together. Met around 8:30pm at Foster City but the water was too low. Headed to the emabarcadero and some of our old haunts. Fished Pier 2, a place where I fished with my old buddy scooterfish years ago. In fact, it had been years since red and I had fished there having been one of the places we frequented when we first started fishing together a decade ago. Baited up with the wharf rig special - a modified high/lo with the first hook six feet from the weight on the bottom. Not long after we were there, red got a keeper leopard shark on a whole squid and a 4/0 California circle hook. The dines I had were ineffective there tonight-squid was getting all the takers. After a few other nibbles, we retreated to one last spot before calling it a night-Agua Vista Pier. We get there right around midnight and not long after, I get bent pole and massively screaming drag. I get up from where I am sitting, engage the reel and fish on! But, this was a whopper and line was just emptying off my reel in seconds. I applied a little more pressure to try and turn it before all of the line was exhausted and the line broke off and that is all she wrote-end of fish story-end of the night.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 am
illcatchanything2

bigrich wrote:
Went fishing with red for our weekly get-together. Met around 8:30pm at Foster City but the water was too low. Headed to the emabarcadero and some of our old haunts. Fished Pier 2, a place where I fished with my old buddy scooterfish years ago. In fact, it had been years since red and I had fished there having been one of the places we frequented when we first started fishing together a decade ago. Baited up with the wharf rig special - a modified high/lo with the first hook six feet from the weight on the bottom. Not long after we were there, red got a keeper leopard shark on a whole squid and a 4/0 California circle hook. The dines I had were ineffective there tonight-squid was getting all the takers. After a few other nibbles, we retreated to one last spot before calling it a night-Agua Vista Pier. We get there right around midnight and not long after, I get bent pole and massively screaming drag. I get up from where I am sitting, engage the reel and fish on! But, this was a whopper and line was just emptying off my reel in seconds. I applied a little more pressure to try and turn it before all of the line was exhausted and the line broke off and that is all she wrote-end of fish story-end of the night.

Good fishing guys..... Everyone needs a good old fashioned schooling once in a while to keep you humble Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:39 am
thefrood

Anybody fishing tonight anywhwere in East Bay?

*** I'm back in Riverside County now. Anyone around up for some fishing? What about So Cal beaches?
Top of page
Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 pm
red fish

thefrood wrote:
Anybody fishing tonight anywhwere in East Bay?
I don't know, as Brian is really the coordinator for scheduling. Bigrich will just call me up, and we will just meet in the evening hours after work once or twice a week. Good time to fish for a couple hours right after rush hour traffic and try to get to sleep by midnight. The fishing is very decent right now for shark, ray, striper, sturgeon.. in about that order and you can use the same main tackle and rigging for all of them (20-40) and terminal rigging. Only variables, up off the bottom a bit for crab infested areas, and fresh bait no matter what it is, as very fresh squid can catch ALL of the aforementioned species as could 'dine or herring...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:56 am
red fish

Bigrich and I went fishing the other night at BP about 8-ish. We went to the end to fish after securing some anchovies and squid from Berkeley Bait & Tackle. Only a handful of people fishing on this brisk Tuesday night of 50 degrees. Rich makes it to the end with a little help from his mobility device and I follow trudging behind. There is one group at the end fishing and crabbing without much luck (we actually helped them to identify some crabs). We fished for a short while before leaving and Bigrich was able to get one medium-sized batray on the north-side right as the other group was packing up to leave at almost nine. That was all she wrote. Really crabby out there and very few bites if any (basic winter-mode). Fish some tough bait or start your hook up four feet from the bottom otherwise sacrifice your bait to the bottom-dwellers. Oh, discovered to my dismay that the iphone I have has no flash where my old LG phone did.. will have to carry something else for night photos, or pose under lamp posts..
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:35 pm
omgitsyue

hi everyone, I recently started fishing at the Berkeley pier. I'm fairly new to fishing. I could really use some guidance or some tips. if anyone's still active at the Berkeley pier and wouldn't mind a beginner to tag along, id like to join the group.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 pm
Sofa King

omgitsyue wrote:
hi everyone, I recently started fishing at the Berkeley pier. I'm fairly new to fishing. I could really use some guidance or some tips. if anyone's still active at the Berkeley pier and wouldn't mind a beginner to tag along, id like to join the group.

Come join us at Berkeley pier on Sat the 31st of March.
10am til 2.
Should be a bunch of us doing a perch derby.
It's a good chance to meet some of us and get out and fish.

Early to bed, Early to rise, fish all day, make up lies
<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 am
omgitsyue

Sofa King wrote:
omgitsyue wrote:

Come join us at Berkeley pier on Sat the 31st of March.
10am til 2.
Should be a bunch of us doing a perch derby.
It's a good chance to meet some of us and get out and fish.

sounds good, ill be there, any general area?
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
Page 5 of 7  Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to: