pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Shimano Catala 400 Repair/Return Procedure [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:35 pm
red fish

Okay guys I have heard that Shimano is really good with repair and customer service. Can anyone tell me their return procedure, turn-a-round, and shipping cost. I am going to consult Shimano.com, but I wanted someone/anyone to tell me how/what they did as far as packing/shipping and return. Thanks for any answers. My reel lost a little piece (fell inside reel for the thumb-bar release and it was really squeaky around the handle area).
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:48 am
marv

My experience with Shimanos service has been good. I needed a couple new parts for my calcutta. I gave them a call, the part numbers, name and address. The parts showed up a week later in the mail. I was told the parts cost would be $1.27, but I never received a bill or anything. Their service was friendly and professional.

marv
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:45 am
red fish

marv wrote:
My experience with Shimanos service has been good. I needed a couple new parts for my calcutta. I gave them a call, the part numbers, name and address. The parts showed up a week later in the mail. I was told the parts cost would be $1.27, but I never received a bill or anything. Their service was friendly and professional.

marv
Thanks Marv. The little thumb-bar piece fell in a small opening in the reel. I guess I could take it apart. And, the squeaking, I don't know what it is. It would be nice to get the parts and do-it-myself, but I don't know what the squeaky sound is and I only have experience really with taking apart Penn reels. I will call Shimano and see what they say. I do have the 400 Calcutta that I picked up on an awesome deal at SportMart, so the Catala is my reserve and when I don't want to mess up the Calcutta.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:47 pm
jph

marv wrote:

marv

same here.
i requested an extra spool for my baitrunner 4500b
they sent it to me, no bill included.
i emailed them back, asking how i should pay for it, and they said that the bill would be sent to me.
we're now quite a few months past that last email, and i still have not received my bill Wink

J.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:53 pm
thecrw

you heard my story about when my cardiff 201a started screaming when I casted. it was totally screwed up. I went to Hi's and they said they could fix it but that they've recently upgrade that reel. Hippo said to send it in, ask for the upgrage and see what happens. Well it took 4 weeks (they were backed up), but they sent the new and improved model!
best marketing any co can do, buy SHIMANO.
btw DIAWA replaced my rod w/ a broken tip awhile back also, no need to by glooomis
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:05 pm
red fish

thecrw wrote:
you heard my story about when my cardiff 201a started screaming when I casted. it was totally screwed up. I went to Hi's and they said they could fix it but that they've recently upgrade that reel. Hippo said to send it in, ask for the upgrage and see what happens. Well it took 4 weeks (they were backed up), but they sent the new and improved model!
best marketing any co can do, buy SHIMANO.
btw DIAWA replaced my rod w/ a broken tip awhile back also, no need to by glooomis
Much thanks on that commander CRW, big ha-caw-caw on that! I will get around to it eventually and take it out of mothball status.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:07 pm
red fish

jph wrote:
marv wrote:

marv

same here.
i requested an extra spool for my baitrunner 4500b
they sent it to me, no bill included.
i emailed them back, asking how i should pay for it, and they said that the bill would be sent to me.
we're now quite a few months past that last email, and i still have not received my bill Wink

J.
Sounds good Jph - see ya on the water.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:34 pm
johnthefisherman69

yo, call a brutha, I'll tell you wazzup with that reel!
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: