Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page 1, 2  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Fishing Reports — [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:01 pm
Ken Jones

Whenever people post a fish report they should include:

1. Date
2. General information on time, i.e., morning, day, night.
3. General area — SM shoreline. North Bay, Silver Strand, Crystal Pier, etc. You don't need to post the specific spots but some general information is needed.
4. Bait or lures (as much detail as you want).
5. Fish caught.
6. Pictures — optional and if posted should compliment the guidelines.

The board was designed to allow anglers to grow and help one another. Simply posting a picture of a fish without some minimal relevant information is somewhat of a waste.

Last edited by Ken Jones on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:03 pm
CRASS

Laughing

legit.

كافر
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:05 pm
Mike415

Good deal.

What about the bragging board for the braggers? Very Happy

Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:08 pm
bassmanben

Mike415 wrote:
Good deal.

how about no?
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:11 pm
CRASS

Laughing!!

yeah thats best left for in person occasions. we dont need a "Compensation Board"

كافر
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:15 pm
Mike415

bassmanben wrote:
Mike415 wrote:
Good deal.

how about no?

Hey wasn't my idea Wink

Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 pm
Reaxion

I completely agree with this. I have been fishing for most of my life and for me it has always been about comrodorie and a willingness to help others out and share info..... Now maybe I'm just lazy but if someone was to post up a report of a couple keeper halibut and said they were caught in Ventura, I'm not gonna go on some wild goose chase to try and figure out exactly where they took the picture at. Maybe that's just me though.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 am
illcatchanything2

Good deal. The above info should be included in every report or else its not really a report is it???
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:10 am
Louis

sticky this.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm
Sin_Coast

From the thread about Bragging Rights vs Useful Info on 10/29. http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard/viewtopic.php?t=11121&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=template&start=15
(~:
People can simply copy&paste the template below then insert their info.

Sin_Coast wrote:
Do we need to come to a consensus on the basic factors that make a good fishing report lol? Here’s an example.

I went fishing on DATE at LOCATION. I fished from TIME. I was fishing for SPECIES using BAIT/LURE. I was using my ROD/REEL/LINE setup. The conditions were TIDE/CURRENT/SWELL/WIND/TEMP/LUNAR PHASE. I caught this SPECIES and it was SIZE. I decided to KEEP/RELEASE it because REASON (note: no reason necessary). I had a ADJECTIVE time fishing. It made me EMOTION. I WILL/WON’T fish there again in the future because REASON.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 am
illcatchanything2

Sin_Coast wrote:
From the thread about Bragging Rights vs Useful Info on 10/29. http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard/viewtopic.php?t=11121&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=template&start=15
(~:
People can simply copy&paste the template below then insert their info.

Sin_Coast wrote:
Do we need to come to a consensus on the basic factors that make a good fishing report lol? Here’s an example.

I went fishing on DATE at LOCATION. I fished from TIME. I was fishing for SPECIES using BAIT/LURE. I was using my ROD/REEL/LINE setup. The conditions were TIDE/CURRENT/SWELL/WIND/TEMP/LUNAR PHASE. I caught this SPECIES and it was SIZE. I decided to KEEP/RELEASE it because REASON (note: no reason necessary). I had a ADJECTIVE time fishing. It made me EMOTION. I WILL/WON’T fish there again in the future because REASON.

That would work really well and would met all the requirements set up for a report.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:20 pm
black marlin

All my reports are for skunks. Should I include all the above info? Except for fish caught, I suppose I will.

Marlin
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:35 am
illcatchanything2

black marlin wrote:
All my reports are for skunks. Should I include all the above info? Except for fish caught, I suppose I will.

Marlin

Yes. Knowing where the fish are not or if they are not biting a certain bait or at a certain time can be just as helpful as reports stating the above with fish caught. The info in reports is to help new anglers learn, but it also helps people plan. When I visit Central or Southern California, the first thing I do is look up the recent reports to help me plan for what may be there for me to catch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:33 pm
csmerril

Well I guess Ill post an ACTUAL report! Wink

SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT FISHING IN CAYUCOS AND MORRO BAY OFF THE PIERS!!

CAYUCOS: Go to Cayucos all the time lots of dog shark (3 to 4 footers) and giant spider crabs who seem to like the shrimp fly rigs with mackerel or squid (believe it or not i have caught a few on that rig). been there at least ten times over past few months. fishing seems to be getting better. sharks seem to bite right around sunset off Cayucos Pier. last times i went earlier this week on low tide i was skunked until i went to MORROBAY!!!...

MORRO BAY: Well to start off my first time to Morro Bay Coast Guard T Pier within 20 min I caught a massive "fish" most likely a bat ray.. took so much line reeled in took off reeled in (repeated for 10 min) line snapped!!! Damn it... i had 25lb test now i have 50 lb... caught 6 Gopher Cod lost 2 This was Tuesday night 6/21...
Heard of a huge bat ray 80+lbs caaught off lower docks by launch ramp on Wednesday (weight measuring device maxed out at 80)this was after 2 40lb rays were caught...
Fished last night 6/23 on low tide. arrived at coast guard T Pier around 6 for 6 Gopher right off the bat!!! using mackerel and squid... dead rest of night... moved about 12am to where they caught 80+lb bat ray and same guys were there who were skunked whole night... probably because they beat and killed the bat ray from wed night just to get hook out and tossed it back into water (So I heard). decided to fish off random dock next to local stores for 2 Skate (1 footer and 1 2 footer) within 30 min on mackereal.. stopped fishing at 2AM

I release all sharks, bat rays, and skate just keep the Cod. all these caught on shrimp fly rigs. seem to be the best rig to use. Rock cod tend to bite when jigged. fishing incoming tide tue and outgoing tide thurs. Def prefer incoming tide or high tide bite was much better.

Fish on!
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:59 am
jrock

Thought I would add a report from last weekend. I fished the morning of 6/3 for about an hour off the Cayucos Pier.
I got there about 8:30am, and caught 3 surf perch on shrimp. The guy next to me, however, was pulling them in left and right! Turns out he was using sand crabs, and having no problem filling a bucket with dinner.

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 2  Page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: