>> Braggin' Rights + Useful Information [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:17 pm
2d

dkkim wrote:
2d wrote:
tomaurand wrote:
Mike415 wrote:
Sin_Coast wrote:
Do we need to come to a consensus on the basic factors that make a good fishing report lol? I can make an interactive template with pull-down menus if that makes it easier for people to share info about their fishing adventures. Here’s an example.

I went fishing on DATE at LOCATION. I fished from TIME. I was fishing for SPECIES using BAIT/LURE. I was using my ROD/REEL/LINE setup. The conditions were TIDE/CURRENT/SWELL/WIND/TEMP/LUNAR PHASE. I caught this SPECIES and it was SIZE. I decided to KEEP/RELEASE it because REASON (note: no reason necessary). I had a ADJECTIVE time fishing. It made me EMOTION. I WILL/WON’T fish there again in the future because REASON.

Might also want to add what you ate for breakfast. Maybe a color coded pie chart too!!! Very Happy

i like colored pie charts.

pie charts are sooooo yesterday. Venn diagrams are the new sexy.

What about good ole Gant Charts?

too official looking, although they'd be useful to put tide and swell times into the equation.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:58 pm
Sin_Coast

Well, I can't make any pie charts until we gather more data. Otherwise the pie charts would be faulty.....lol
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:17 am
illcatchanything2

I was always under the understanding that you need to put some basic info (General area, IE: LA County Coast, Oragne County Pier, North SF Bay, etc. & Bait/Tackle at a minimum) in order to call it a report. When the rules were revised the last time, this was not put in though (but the prohibition on posting altered pic's was). I think it may be time to define what constitutes a report. Saying "I caught this fish", with nothing but a pic that is sometimes altered is not a report IMHO......
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:48 pm
Mike415

illcatchanything2 wrote:
I think it may be time to define what constitutes a report.

Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 3 of 3  Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: